Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

AM OW Multi-Carrier Awards - change of class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2017, 11:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA PG 1MM - AccorPlus Platinum

I'm try to book a oneworld Multi-Carrier Award in C using AM but not all segments are available in C... can I book the itinerary as a mix of C & Y and then change the Y segments to C if & when they become available?

If yes, can I waitlist the "upgrade" or do I need to keep checking availability manually?

Finally, do I need to pay a fee if the only change is Y > C and dates & flights are unchanged?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:12 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by M@rcoPolo
I'm try to book a oneworld Multi-Carrier Award in C using AM but not all segments are available in C... can I book the itinerary as a mix of C & Y
Yes sure http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...l#post28848945 (LA domestic doesn't have J)

and then change the Y segments to C if & when they become available?
Yes, reissue.

If yes, can I waitlist the "upgrade" or do I need to keep checking availability manually?
If CX then yes (to four days before travel date)

Finally, do I need to pay a fee if the only change is Y > C and dates & flights are unchanged?
Yes that's reissue (see https://forum.hongkongcard.com/forumSE/show/18885 #6 )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.