Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Charter to Guam

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Sometimes travel agents do these package tours and charter CX or other airlines.. A few times they would allow CX to sell any remaining seats left to offset the charter cost if they agent cannot fill up all the seats themselves...
Old Sep 17, 2017, 11:47 am

I don't know why KA is interested to operate charter flights to Guam, its a long route and the demand is not that strong, even HK express need to pull out this route within one year.

Also, if they need to ferry the plane back to HK, and need to send an extra set of crew, so that the plane can turn around back to HK, I don't know how they can make a profit from this charter flight....
Old Sep 17, 2017, 5:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ctb213ctb213
I don't know why KA is interested to operate charter flights to Guam, its a long route and the demand is not that strong, even HK express need to pull out this route within one year.

Also, if they need to ferry the plane back to HK, and need to send an extra set of crew, so that the plane can turn around back to HK, I don't know how they can make a profit from this charter flight....
if someone pays for it??!
Old Sep 17, 2017, 8:55 pm

Went to Guam on UA earlier this year. Weird place, but would go again any day.

Price really is pretty good though. Curious to learn who bought that charter and didn't fill it
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
If you know how many flights CI ferry to HK late at night at the beginning of long HK holidays like Christmas Eve and then ferry back to Taiwan after taking such tours back to HK towards the end of the holidays you'll know it's definitely profitable
Old Sep 18, 2017, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
There is a demand for Guam. However, they are simply not from Hong Kong, but the Mainland. Also, UA's success (or survival) in HKG-GUM is due to the fact that GUM is a UA hub with connecting traffic (many Mainlanders' final destination are HNL instead of GUM).

In term of UO's failure, it was mostly related to UO's management decisions rather than a simple demand and supply issue.

Only 1 extra pilot is required, as this is how UA does it.

Also - operation costs (i.e. landing fee, fuel, etc.) in the U.S. is way cheaper than in HKG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.