Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

More scheduling updates for W17/18 (More F to TYO, LHR, LAX, 77G to CMB, BOM, AKL)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More scheduling updates for W17/18 (More F to TYO, LHR, LAX, 77G to CMB, BOM, AKL)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2017, 12:42 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE

Many of us may have been happy (or shocked/saddened) thanks to the news that EWR is switching to 35G soon today, thanks to maortega15's info ^. Well, I could hardly care about 35G (i just hope it doesn't come to Chicago), so I was very interested in where the 77G frames would be going. Because of that, and since I am no insider, I spent the night ripping apart EF and the CX master schedule, and here are some interesting changes not previously reported:

1. CX548/549 gets a sibling. CX520/521 to NRT will have 'guaranteed' F for the season and hopefully beyond. Unfortunately, the afternoon HND flight CX542/543 is still (and now 'permanently') 773Z.

2. LHR will see more F as we will see 77H on CX257/238 rotation for most dates save for peak seasons such as end of year and CNY.

3. This has been noted previously, but now it seems quite set that LAX will not see 77Gs at all anymore. Also previously reported, we will see 24 rather than 21 weekly frequencies as 898/897 gets partially restated.

4. As for the 77Gs. The only thing that looks very secure is a BOM rotation (CX663/660) changing to 77G daily for the entire season (ie 'permanently'). PEY is available for sale.

5. Starting january 2018 and until end of season CMB will see 77G for days 257. No PEY seems to be sold so remains rather volatile it seems.

6. Instead of double 359s as previously announced, 77G will be going back to AKL for CX197/198 rotation during peak season in W17/18.

I didn't check the S/S18 schedule yet but I hope to do so when I have the time
Old Aug 1, 2017, 4:15 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Club, KF
77Gs to BOM and CMB

Thanks. That's great news ^
Old Aug 1, 2017, 4:40 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Thanks for all the work, G-CIVC

197/198 is 1 frame, and a very tight utilisation.

BOM/CMB are very similar schedules. So that'll need 2 frames.

Could possibly be coming from the 77Hs for LHR etc, but that must mean the 359 taking more of the long haul routes.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 4:56 pm

so the 77G's are replacing A330's which are going to KA
no new routes....

When Oasis HK launched CX was aggressive, upped frequencies on Vancouver and LHR

CX is letting HK take over AKL and LAX
Old Aug 1, 2017, 5:26 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Club, KF
Originally Posted by Kachjc
s

When Oasis HK launched CX was aggressive, upped frequencies on Vancouver and LHR

How so? CX has industry leading product on both routes. Just because a competitor enters the market I don't think it follows that upping frequencies is always the best response (although CX has done that for YVR).
Old Aug 1, 2017, 5:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Arbeysix
How so? CX has industry leading product on both routes. Just because a competitor enters the market I don't think it follows that upping frequencies is always the best response (although CX has done that for YVR).
yvr is more a HKer destination- so much cx can upguage. I doubt akl can support the same. Now they cooperate w NZ already
Old Aug 1, 2017, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Kachjc
so the 77G's are replacing A330's which are going to KA
no new routes....

To be frank, CX does not have the ability to block HK airlines to enter these markets or any other markets as HNA is so strong.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 9:12 pm
qsh

Programs: AS MVP BR *G
I hope CX will maintain double 77G to YYZ all year long.
VFR demands are strong!
Old Aug 2, 2017, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by qsh
VFR demands are strong!
I believe CX flight crew are all well trained enough to fly a VFR approach in their respective fleet. It is not reserved for the 77G although an IFR approach with an ILS landing does reduce workload and stress after a long flight.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 1:37 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by jckl
I believe CX flight crew are all well trained enough to fly a VFR approach in their respective fleet. It is not reserved for the 77G although an IFR approach with an ILS landing does reduce workload and stress after a long flight.
VFR = visiting friends and relatives
Old Aug 2, 2017, 4:01 am
qsh

Programs: AS MVP BR *G
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
VFR = visiting friends and relatives
Thanks for clarifying. I believe CX pilots are well trained even for IGS approach

Btw where can the master schedule be found??
Old Aug 2, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
2. LHR will see more F as we will see 77H on CX257/238 rotation for most dates save for peak seasons such as end of year and CNY.
Or more J seats? Don't know the loading and demand though... Just guessing
Old Aug 3, 2017, 1:40 pm

1. CX548/549 gets a sibling. CX520/521 to NRT will have 'guaranteed' F for the season and hopefully beyond. Unfortunately, the afternoon HND flight CX542/543 is still (and now 'permanently') 773Z.
With CX 520 flight's later depature time, perhaps we will see a lunch menu and maybe a return of the kaiseki option?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 7:17 pm

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by headinclouds
With CX 520 flight's later depature time, perhaps we will see a lunch menu and maybe a return of the kaiseki option?
I was on CX549 HND-HKG F the other month with their double-catering Kaiseki meal. Was not impressed at all on the quality of the food. The sake they served was also sub-par to the point the Japanese SP offered her apology for serving such cheap drink in F.

Happy to hear there's another F flight to Tokyo but I won't get overly excited with the double catering meal which you will get on-board on CX521 on the inbound.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 7:32 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by headinclouds
Originally Posted by HKGglobaltrotter
I was on CX549 HND-HKG F the other month with their double-catering Kaiseki meal. Was not impressed at all on the quality of the food. The sake they served was also sub-par to the point the Japanese SP offered her apology for serving such cheap drink in F.

Happy to hear there's another F flight to Tokyo but I won't get overly excited with the double catering meal which you will get on-board on CX521 on the inbound.
Yeah the good thing will be one can choose to fly 520 instead of 548 for a more earthly departure time and Kaiseki rather than just breakfast, but just like 549 the rotation is double catered so it can only be as good as it gets...

I'm personally happy with more opportunities to use the bookable upgrades.

The plot twist is I see some potential grAAbbing from incoming JL connections. At least the price is now high to deter them a bit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.