Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX North American 800 numbers cannot be reached by Skype

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX North American 800 numbers cannot be reached by Skype

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2019, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Recieving calls at a toll free +1 country code varies depending on the source of the call, pots, cellular, VoIP or others.

Subscriber has the option of deciding which source to accept calls from.

Some larger toll free rerouting services, due to their Infastructure cannot handle calls from certain sources.

That is why I have multiple ways to call and receive calls from clients worldwide at my +852, +1-855 and +1-416,+1-415 numbers.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 9:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Tried calling all the 800 numbers via Skype and I keep getting the message "Calls to this number cannot be reached from your calling area"

But I have to call the Vancouver #.

As others have said + or 00, followed by country code, is the proper syntax when calling from almost all countries. USA and Canada are outliers by using 011.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 3:30 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by moondog
As others have said + or 00, followed by country code, is the proper syntax when calling from almost all countries. USA and Canada are outliers by using 011.
Taiwan by default uses 002, although you can also use other prefixes if you want to specify another service provider or take advantage of some discount plan. I believe neither HK nor Japan uses 00 either. I agree 00 is the most common, but there are many exceptions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.