Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX policy on short checking bags to LHR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2017, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond

Have just over 12 hours to connect at LHR after arriving from HKG and departing to GOT later this year.

Would like to grab our bags back during the layover to take to our hotel, does CX have any policy that would prevent this happening?
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
does the original flight involve an overnight?
i didnt need my luggage a few years back when i flew F and they made me take my bags.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kaka
does the original flight involve an overnight?
i didnt need my luggage a few years back when i flew F and they made me take my bags.
No, just around 12 hours in the day.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
CX offers very low J fares from Scandinavia with connection in LHR. Some people try to drop the last return segment. Hence, you should assume that CX might be a bit strict on short checking bags if the ticket allows no stopover. Apparently this is not your intent, but you might suffer because all the others.
That being said, I have no personal experience.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:41 am

Do you originate in HK? Every time I have come from elsewhere with cnx in HKG and LHR, I have always managed to get original departure point to short check to LHR only.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 7:03 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I know BA doesn't like to do it from North America, but I have never had any trouble short-checking bags from HKG to LHR, on both CX and BA.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 7:08 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by brunos
CX offers very low J fares from Scandinavia with connection in LHR. Some people try to drop the last return segment. Hence, you should assume that CX might be a bit strict on short checking bags if the ticket allows no stopover. Apparently this is not your intent, but you might suffer because all the others.
That being said, I have no personal experience.
If you are paying the "broken fare" for a stopover rather than a connection you would not be short-checking, you would simply be checking to your next ticketed destination.

Short-checking only becomes an issue when one is ticketed on a connection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.