Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Marco Polo Club Point Runs

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Best Marco Polo Club Point Runs

I suggest we start a thread here with the best Club Point runs, similar to the BA board thread on BAEC Tier Point runs?
Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:45 pm

Hope this thread takes off Currently looking for one to make 80 TP's by end of April...

CXFlyerBoy introduced KUL-SIN on MH J as a reasonably priced MR option in this thread.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 9:13 pm

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by gpia
Hope this thread takes off Currently looking for one to make 80 TP's by end of April...

CXFlyerBoy introduced KUL-SIN on MH J as a reasonably priced MR option in this thread.
MH does have very good deal for club points. You may have a look HKG-KUL-SIN/PEN/etc. which cost only HKD$3,xxx. This should give you at least 80 club points on MPC.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 11:23 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by SLGO
MH does have very good deal for club points. You may have a look HKG-KUL-SIN/PEN/etc. which cost only HKD$3,xxx. This should give you at least 80 club points on MPC.
Doesn't MH have a minimum stay requirement normally ?
Old Feb 9, 2017, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by Ausriver
Doesn't MH have a minimum stay requirement normally ?
Same as with CX, prices go waaaay up if < 2 nights. Don't think there's a hard minimum stay requirement though. Now down to deciding where to make a weekend of my little MR: Penang for 3.366 a.i. or Singapore for 3.417 a.i.

BTW: Thanks SGLO, that's what I'll be doing
Old Feb 9, 2017, 11:47 pm

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
QR gives great value too.

HK$14000 in J for BRU/CPH/ARN for 210 CX Club Points.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 1:18 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
QR's R-class superdeals and the previous AA ex-HKG deals were hard to beat.

CX metal wise, although the ex-JNB fares have been hiked and the rand has strengthened a lot compared to the past, still very attractive to the states. (3 roundtrips gets one almost to 1200DM for around ~$11K USD.)
Old Feb 10, 2017, 2:52 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
QR's R-class superdeals and the previous AA ex-HKG deals were hard to beat.

CX metal wise, although the ex-JNB fares have been hiked and the rand has strengthened a lot compared to the past, still very attractive to the states. (3 roundtrips gets one almost to 1200DM for around ~$11K USD.)
WOW, JNB-JFK via HKG is like US$3700 with 380 cp alone with 36724 miles.

It is a great business class fare, but as MR, isn't the miles a little bit too big chunk? I assume most people wouldn't want to "buy" DM status for US$3700. Also repositioning to JNB will cost time and money (assuming most flyer wouldn't be in Africa), and we wouldn't want to drop the last leg as it's another 90cp.. so have to fly back...
Old Feb 10, 2017, 3:32 am

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Originally Posted by Ausriver
WOW, JNB-JFK via HKG is like US$3700 with 380 cp alone with 36724 miles.
Also repositioning to JNB will cost time and money (assuming most flyer wouldn't be in Africa), and we wouldn't want to drop the last leg as it's another 90cp.. so have to fly back...
JNB is being offered on Fanfares at the moment (07-12 Feb 17)

Perhaps inexpensive enough to allow use as a one way?

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Feb 10, 2017, 8:06 pm

Programs: MPC, Marriott, Hyatt
We have a premium fare thread that usually have good club point runs, but a dedicated MR thread would be great too.

I booked a bunch of MH J flights (and if you start in TPE, it is even cheaper) for a bunch of club points myself.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 11:46 pm

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by kawaii
We have a premium fare thread that usually have good club point runs, but a dedicated MR thread would be great too.

I booked a bunch of MH J flights (and if you start in TPE, it is even cheaper) for a bunch of club points myself.
MH J deals are surely one of the best ways for MR. I had 2 trips with them too last year and got 160 CP at ease.
Alawyer likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 12:33 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Unfortunately the structure of the MPO earning tables doesn't enable amazing points runs like a program such as BA provides. BA has sweet spots such as the sectors just over 2000 miles where their earning jumps by almost three fold. CX only gives a more straight line earning as your flights get longer.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 4:04 am
Original Poster

KMG-HKG-SIN return in J: RMB3,174/approx. 3,750 HKD for 80 club points: HKD47 per club point (Credit CX36016)
Alawyer likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 6:11 am

I love MH J class Hkg-Dps via kul, it is only around HKD 4000 in promotion and the trip can earn 100 tier point.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 8:17 am

Programs: CX DM
Regional turns are available in Class I from Taipei to Singapore, wrapped by two Economy flights from Hong Kong to Taipei, it is approx. HKD$7000 with 110 Club Points earned (Conversion: $64 per Club Point)
Details:
Hong Kong to Taipei 5
Taipei to Hong Kong 20
Hong Kong to Singapore 30
Singapore to Hong Kong 30
Hong Kong to Taipei 20
Taipei to Hong Kong 5

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.