Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MPC soft landings?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2017, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by mdevans
A quick update - renewal was 1 July and CX did soft land me to Silver.
Congrats! How many TP's did you accumulate, if any?
Old Jul 8, 2017, 4:46 am

Programs: CX Diamond
Originally Posted by gpia
Congrats! How many TP's did you accumulate, if any?
170 I think Way, way short!
Mind you after doing over 2 million miles in the last 20 years I think a bit of lee way is called for :-)
Old Jul 8, 2017, 7:15 am

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
It will be interesting to see if I get any "slack" from MPC as a two-year Gold.

I had planned to reach/retain Silver with 300 points, but QR's problems exCAI mean that because of their rescheduling those flights, I end up 5 points short on 31 July.

I asked for consideration of "original routing" as a result of the involuntary changes. And I did explain I was attempting to retain QF status because of their soft landing policy.

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Jul 8, 2017, 2:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
And that is why there are like 60 EXPs on the DFW flight and they can just forget about getting much better/personalized service onboard when they fly with their home carrier in the hellish MCE on a 17-hour flight, even when the service manual clearly indicates this should have been done. And (partly) why their own top tier elites can't even access lounges on their home turf. And maybe even why they occasionally get sneered at by the CX staff when they finally get their recognition and act a bit too excited which turns into DYKWIA on a carrier away from their home carrier.
but how many of those EXPs are one and dones? After reaching MPC Diamond, the requal is the same as requal for AA EXP, just reach the elite credit thresholds again.

and a one and done EXP is not going to really do much since you don't get the EXP benefits until after you get the status and if you're one and done, then you may not get to really use the perks.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012
but how many of those EXPs are one and dones? After reaching MPC Diamond, the requal is the same as requal for AA EXP, just reach the elite credit thresholds again.
Nah, not really. On the surface MPC is already 20pct harder. But in reality it is waaaay harder. By my calculations I can hit AA EXP at least 2x faster than requalifying for DM.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 9:08 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Originally Posted by wandering_fred
It will be interesting to see if I get any "slack" from MPC as a two-year Gold.
I had planned to reach/retain Silver with 300 points, but QR's problems exCAI mean that because of their rescheduling those flights, I end up 5 points short on 31 July.
I have been granted Silver status for the next membership year.
[quote]
In appreciation of your support for Cathay Pacific, we would be happy to
renew your membership at Silver tier...
[end quote]

Given some other issues that have appeared, flying may be the least of my problems.

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Nov 19, 2017, 3:51 am

Got DM renew even though missing the mark

Earlier this year I miss DM mark by at least 30% and was sure to hit gold, didn’t understand why back then.

After reading this article it all clicked. Not sure if it is a good thing or not. I will see next year, I will definitely qualify for gold, but will struggle to hit diamond. If they bump me again, great! If not, see ya later CX (member since 2004, almost hitting 500K).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.