Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2017, 9:10 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by JeCCo
Too little too late. The current form of the MPO inspires little to no loyalty.

Gone from a numbers of consecutive years of Gold to maybe 20 Tier points haha. Let's see what happens in March
Are you crediting to another program?
Old Feb 6, 2017, 10:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, JAL Sapphire
As a data point, Gold ==> Green on renewal end of January, after ~10 years as Gold. Have zero points this past year as all of my travel booked to JMB now. Only take CX on using miles.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 12:25 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by sxc
Are you crediting to another program?
Stopped using CX as my preferred carrier. Paying for W or J on other carriers ex-HKG for personal and on the occasions where I am on CX for work, I've been crediting to AB since I status matched to OWS with them.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 4:07 am

Programs: CXAM BAEC
Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
I'm waiting for my case.
After 13 consecutive years of Diamond, I have changed my main FFP.
When I changed, I already had club miles/TP for Gold.
So, naturally, I was downgrraded to Gold.
However, in this membership year, I have earned 0 tier point.
I had less than 100 TP in last MPC year and yet I got soft landing fm DM to GO. ^. Thanks CX
Old Feb 8, 2017, 6:32 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sxc
Interesting. The collective wisdom on the forum previously was that there was no soft landing, and no one had previously posted any experience contrary to this.
they certainly do! My dad credited to jl the year he got gold so he got 0 club miles that year. He got demoted to silver instead of green. Mom keeps getting silver without reaching the targets.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Originally Posted by sxc
Received my renewal letter that said that although I should have been a "green or Asia miles member" (yes they said that) based on my previous years of loyalty they were only dropping to silver.
lol........ no wonder investors are losing confidence.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 3:15 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
what good is a loyalty program when its offered for free with credit cards (not right now but in past and probably soom again) and/or free statis to those who didnt achieve it... why shud i get out of my way to fly cx if someone else can be getting status for free.

and most ironically, those who granted freebie status via soft landing wont fly CX anyways. thehy moved away for reasons and mere "so-called" mpc status is as useful as toilet paper to those who have departed CX allegiance
Old Feb 8, 2017, 7:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by fakecd
what good is a loyalty program when its offered for free with credit cards (not right now but in past and probably soom again) and/or free statis to those who didnt achieve it... why shud i get out of my way to fly cx if someone else can be getting status for free.

and most ironically, those who granted freebie status via soft landing wont fly CX anyways. thehy moved away for reasons and mere "so-called" mpc status is as useful as toilet paper to those who have departed CX allegiance
i wouldnt quite say green is any loyalty status lol... they shouldnt have given green any business class benefits in the very beginning.
But ya, many of the soft landing status are for people who moved away, so in general, useless.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by fakecd

This isn't wholly accurate in my case. As a gold, on short haul flights economy with another person, I'd be willing to pay for CX versus a slightly cheaper competitor because it offers lounge access and more chance of an upgrade. For longer haul flights the same logic would apply, although there the price differential with CX tends to be higher in absolute terms so other factors would also come into play.

That said, had they dropped me to silver as was my due, I would have been more motivated when travelling short haul alone to opt for CX (lounge access and checkin speed) but giving me gold allows me to get those benefits on oneworld carriers so my actual loyalty to CX in those circumstances would have been stronger at silver than it is at soft landed gold, grateful though I am for that.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 3:31 am

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
First year GO with renewal on May31. Will fly enough to clear SL but not hit renewal for GO. Will CX be kind enough to renew GO or land me to SL?

Projected accumulation with current booked travel will be 520 TPs
Old Feb 9, 2017, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by CXFlyerBoy
First year GO with renewal on May31. Will fly enough to clear SL but not hit renewal for GO. Will CX be kind enough to renew GO or land me to SL?

Projected accumulation with current booked travel will be 520 TPs
Similar situation here. 520 TP, renewal on 30 April. Want to join my 80 TP MR?
Old Feb 9, 2017, 5:27 am

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by gpia
Similar situation here. 520 TP, renewal on 30 April. Want to join my 80 TP MR?
I wish I could but I am SIN based. Will be hard to schedule
Old Jul 6, 2017, 10:06 pm

Programs: CX Diamond
Originally Posted by gpia
Let's see if you soft land to silver as well then. When is it due?
A quick update - renewal was 1 July and CX did soft land me to Silver.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
So did the old program force you to start over each time you gained a level?

I am surprised that if I fly 1200 points worth of flights in a year, I can't make Diamond as a newbie, I'd have to earn Silver and then start over and earn Gold and then start over again and then finally earn Diamond, ...???

On AA, I can go from a newbie to ExPlat by simply flying the 100K EQMs and the spend in a year.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 12:43 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012
So did the old program force you to start over each time you gained a level?

I am surprised that if I fly 1200 points worth of flights in a year, I can't make Diamond as a newbie, I'd have to earn Silver and then start over and earn Gold and then start over again and then finally earn Diamond, ...???

On AA, I can go from a newbie to ExPlat by simply flying the 100K EQMs and the spend in a year.
And that is why there are like 60 EXPs on the DFW flight and they can just forget about getting much better/personalized service onboard when they fly with their home carrier in the hellish MCE on a 17-hour flight, even when the service manual clearly indicates this should have been done. And (partly) why their own top tier elites can't even access lounges on their home turf. And maybe even why they occasionally get sneered at by the CX staff when they finally get their recognition and act a bit too excited which turns into DYKWIA on a carrier away from their home carrier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.