Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Cathay Pacific Arrivals Lounge in Heathrow

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2017, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Just booked a trip with CX in F in June. I will be traveling from HKG to GLA. Since my connection will be on T5, I will not be able to access the lounge there since it is operated by BA. So, when I arrive from HKG to LHR in T3, is there an arrivals lounge I am looking to shower before I head to T5. Any ideas where it is and I assume I just show them my HKG boarding pass right?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: QFF
AA has an arrival lounge in T3. Arrivals lounges don't fall under the oneworld agreement, not sure if CX has their own arrangement with AA for arrivals access (QF does).

Under oneworld rules, you'd have access to the BA F lounge in T5 with your HKG-LHR CX F boarding pass.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Himeno
AA has an arrival lounge in T3. Arrivals lounges don't fall under the oneworld agreement, not sure if CX has their own arrangement with AA for arrivals access (QF does).

Under oneworld rules, you'd have access to the BA F lounge in T5 with your HKG-LHR CX F boarding pass.
I asked in the BA lounge and from my understanding, as it is a redemption ticket, the domestic sector is booked under lowest economy hence I wouldn't have access there? Or can I just show the HKG to LHR CX F ticket I just used to get in?

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_G...tails.LHR.html

It seems that American Airlines Lounge – Admirals Club (Arrivals Lounge) is listed so I guess I can access that?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 5:11 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
If you are arriving on CX (F, J, or as a CX DM) in the morning, you can use AA arrival lounge. Ask the check-in agent in HKG for an invitation.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cxfan1960
If you are arriving on CX (F, J, or as a CX DM) in the morning, you can use AA arrival lounge. Ask the check-in agent in HKG for an invitation.
Thanks - what does DM mean? Do I need to actually get an invite to get in? I thought you can get into lounges when presenting the relevant boarding pass?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by AceCobra1
Thanks - what does DM mean? Do I need to actually get an invite to get in? I thought you can get into lounges when presenting the relevant boarding pass?
CX DM - Diamond member.

As this is a third party lounge and arrival lounge access is not an OW benefit, I recommend you get an invitation anyway.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 3:53 am
Original Poster

CX DM - Diamond member.

As this is a third party lounge and arrival lounge access is not an OW benefit, I recommend you get an invitation anyway.
Thanks - I'll do that
Old Jan 15, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
I asked in the BA lounge and from my understanding, as it is a redemption ticket, the domestic sector is booked under lowest economy hence I wouldn't have access there? Or can I just show the HKG to LHR CX F ticket I just used to get in?

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_G...tails.LHR.html

It seems that American Airlines Lounge – Admirals Club (Arrivals Lounge) is listed so I guess I can access that?
This is irrelevant. You can access the BA T5 Galleries First lounge on the basis of your CX F BP (keep it handy). I am not a big fan of that lounge, but IME it is a much better option then AA Arrivals lounge...and transportation wise it is much easier to take the airside bus to T5,clear immigration and security there via the flight connections channel,rather than clear it in T3,use the AA lounge and then get Heathrow Express/tube to T5.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
This is irrelevant. You can access the BA T5 Galleries First lounge on the basis of your CX F BP (keep it handy). I am not a big fan of that lounge, but IME it is a much better option then AA Arrivals lounge...and transportation wise it is much easier to take the airside bus to T5,clear immigration and security there via the flight connections channel,rather than clear it in T3,use the AA lounge and then get Heathrow Express/tube to T5.
Thanks for the reply - are you sure I can access that lounge with the CX F BP that I used to arrive at LHR ? I asked in the BA forum and they seem to suggest that I can't ? They said that the domestic is booked at the lowest economy fair as it is redemption so I won't be able to get in using that so I assume I can just show them my CX F BP and let them know I just arrived from HKG and waiting for a connection and I should get in OK ?

Yeah, I might just clear immigration on T5 if I can get into BA F lounge. Its much more familiar to me.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Thanks for the reply - are you sure I can access that lounge with the CX F BP that I used to arrive at LHR ? I asked in the BA forum and they seem to suggest that I can't ? They said that the domestic is booked at the lowest economy fair as it is redemption so I won't be able to get in using that so I assume I can just show them my CX F BP and let them know I just arrived from HKG and waiting for a connection and I should get in OK ?

Yeah, I might just clear immigration on T5 if I can get into BA F lounge. Its much more familiar to me.
I believe the answer in the BA forum was that you can access the BA lounges in T5 provided your connection from CX F to BA short haul domestic was the same day. See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27739010-post2.html
Old Jan 15, 2017, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Originally Posted by Himeno
I will be flying CX F BOS-HKG , does that mean I would have access to the BA F lounge at BOS? Both CX and oneworld websites say only business lounge on CX.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 11:11 pm

Yes sir,I am sure!

To make it more clear, there is a oneworld lounge access policy, which all members must follow and it states that anyone connecting from longhaul F to shorthaul Y can use the F lounge while in transit (same for J>Y connection,can use J lounge in transit). This policy only covers longhaul to shorthaul connections, not shorthaul to shorthaul.

That said, the oneworld policy is the minimum that should be provided by all member airlines, but the airlines themselves are free to provide more generous policies,so there are some scenarios under which oneworld rules would not permit entry,but would under BA policy (see example above).
BA has a policy to allow pax on shorthaul J to shorthaul Y connections to use the lounge in the transit airport.

Your scenario is covered by oneworld policy and it does not matter whether you have an award or cash ticket,or whether HKG-LHR-GLA is booked under one ticket,or two.

Since you arrived in OW F you access the Galleries First lounge (lounge for OW Emeralds basically),but if you were to arrive LHR on BA F (from HKG) you would be able to use the [slightly] superior Concord Room
Old Jan 15, 2017, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by rufflesinc
I will be flying CX F BOS-HKG , does that mean I would have access to the BA F lounge at BOS? Both CX and oneworld websites say only business lounge on CX.
That's wrong,you will be allowed access into BA F lounge.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
That's wrong,you will be allowed access into BA F lounge.
There may be a small problem - is the F lounge open at that hour?
Old Jan 16, 2017, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
There may be a small problem - is the F lounge open at that hour?
Interesting. OW website says both J and F lounges close 22:45, CX website says J lounge open 2200-0145.

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_U...tails.BOS.html

Perhaps I should plan an earlier arrival to BOS to avail myself of the F lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.