Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Cathay Pacific moving to Terminal 4 (SIN) next year 2017 - Questions and speculations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay Pacific moving to Terminal 4 (SIN) next year 2017 - Questions and speculations

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: TK E+, AS Gold
Originally Posted by CXFlyerBoy
Would you not need to be on 734, 716 or 636 to use the BA/QF lounges? They don't open for the rest of the departures I think,
True. Only open from 14:30 until the last QF flight out I think.

Originally Posted by 1010101
I'm expecting it to be a significant improvement.

We will lose the QF lounge but the new CX lounge is likely to be better anyway based on recent builds.

Also good news they will segregate departing and arriving passengers so no more of that stupid security check at boarding.

Who really ever goes to the other terminals anyway? I think I walked to the SQ terminal once.
The vast majority of CX pax (and T4 users) will be strictly O&D, so agree that there shouldn't be too much movement between terminals. If LHR is any indication, the CX lounge should be a significant step up.

I personally prefer security at the gate, but it looks like Changi is claiming efficiency improvements as the rationale for the shift. I suspect T5 will go down the segregated/central security path as well.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by jdtravels
How early would you recommend? I have an upcoming Singapore trip and it would be the first time I explore the BA/QF lounges...
What in particular in those lounges would you say make them superior to the new CX offerings in BKK/TPE, etc.?
As other posters have correctly pointed out, the QF lounge is open from 14:30, so that's the soonest you can arrive.

Among the things I think are superior with respect to QF at SIN in particular relative to most bona fide CX J lounges (reasonable people may disagree):

- Quantity and quality of food and beverage offerings;
- Attentiveness of staff (refills on beverages without asking, clearing dishes, accommodating special orders)
- Reliability of the Internet service;
- Layout and style of the club (generally more spacious / greater capacity);
- Shower facilities.

CX J lounges always seem jam packed to me. And the noodle bar seems, quite frankly, tawdry compared to the fresher, more substantial and healthy fare that QF puts out.

Hope this helps!
Old Dec 24, 2016, 5:12 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
i thought one of lounge strategy is to earn from eligible oneworld pax at same terminal thus they are getting out of their way to make it so grand. if so i wouldnt think investment at SIN lounge will be same scale as recent build considering lack of other oneworld that use same terminal.

i love the mixed arrival and departure security at gate. i will miss it at T4
Old Dec 24, 2016, 8:49 pm

Programs: A3 *G, BA OWS, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by fakecd
i thought one of lounge strategy is to earn from eligible oneworld pax at same terminal thus they are getting out of their way to make it so grand. if so i wouldnt think investment at SIN lounge will be same scale as recent build considering lack of other oneworld that use same terminal.

i love the mixed arrival and departure security at gate. i will miss it at T4
The SIN lounge will indeed not get oneworld custom, but there's a chance KE and VN might employ the services of the CX lounge and generate some income for CX.

​​​​
Old Dec 25, 2016, 1:07 am

T4 airside passengers can easily access T1/T2/T3 airside via a dedicated bus service running every 5 minutes between T4 <-> T2 and possibly T4 <-> T3. There will be a dedicated road built within the airside to make this transfer as efficient and hassle free as possible (similar to the skytrain). So T4 passengers can always go to T2/T3 airside via this shuttle, but will need to budget for extra 30 mins of travel time both ways (approx 10mins ride with maximum 5 minutes waiting time each way).

CX/KE/VN will never agree to move to T4 if T4 is not linked airside to the other 3 terminals. Nevertheless, all 3 airlines have minimal transfer traffic at SIN.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 1:14 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by ahdibuao
T4 airside passengers can easily access T1/T2/T3 airside via a dedicated bus service running every 5 minutes between T4 <-> T2 and possibly T4 <-> T3. There will be a dedicated road built within the airside to make this transfer as efficient and hassle free as possible (similar to the skytrain). So T4 passengers can always go to T2/T3 airside via this shuttle, but will need to budget for extra 30 mins of travel time both ways (approx 10mins ride with maximum 5 minutes waiting time each way).

CX/KE/VN will never agree to move to T4 if T4 is not linked airside to the other 3 terminals. Nevertheless, all 3 airlines have minimal transfer traffic at SIN.
Do you have a source for this?
Old Dec 25, 2016, 1:50 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Originally Posted by MeltingAlf
The SIN lounge will indeed not get oneworld custom, but there's a chance KE and VN might employ the services of the CX lounge and generate some income for CX.

both being skyteam members i wonder if they would pay CX for it... all it needs is china airlines, china south, or china east to fly into T4 and it would become a defacto skyteam hub...

i suspect part of reason for move is short sighted perceived cost savings due to automation at T4... just another typical not well planned decisiom... why locate away from other oneworld

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.