Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Redeeming AM for Finnair via the CX website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2016, 1:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPC, EY Guest

Hi all,

I'm trying to redeem two J tickets from HKG to Helsinki (HEL) on the CX website. While the website shows there is availability on the dates I wanted, after I select the flights, it returns this message:

We are unable to process your request as the chosen cabin class is unavailable. Please try other options on the "Search Page".[Error.IBE_USR603_CHECK_MILES_GEN_ERROR]
It then lists new options for flights, but regardless I am unable to select them and have to start again.

I tried playing around with the dates, and when I picked a return date two days later, and selected the same flights, it gives me a new error message:

Please review the following items:
The miles in your account are not sufficient for your selected itinerary and Asia Miles Top-Up is not available. Please select another destination by clicking on "New Search" link.[Error.IBE_USR606_CHECK_MILES_NOT_ENOUGH_MILES]
The flights that were offered to me were all one-stop and these are the ones I picked:

CX279 HKG-CDG
AY874 CDG-HEL

AY793 HEL - MXP
CX234 MXP - HKG

I tried calling the MPC hotline to ask about the errors, but it was ignored and the agent offered to check the redemptions for me. After repeating that there were no direct flights from HKG to HEL did he only reluctantly check for connecting flights. When he saw that there were AY/Finnair connections, he then said that he couldn't access them and thus they were not available for award booking.

I'm now at a loss of what to do. Should I just wait and call another time (I called twice already and both times got the same agent), or should I just write an email directly?
Old Jul 11, 2016, 6:10 am

Programs: A handful of shiny cards
Unless something's changed, you should definitely be able to book an award on AY by phone. My father did this for me in 2013.

What it might be is that there's no award space available; we tried again last year for my hols this year and was told there was no space available until September. I can imagine flights to HEL would be more popular now that they fly the A350 rather than the old (and rather uncomfortable) A340s.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 10:18 am

Programs: CX DM (OWE), Accor Gold
I think the messages just indicated that the seat was not available.
I suggest you use BA/AA to check the AY reward.
If you would see reward available on both websites, call AM to get it immediately
Old Nov 8, 2016, 1:43 am

Kinda old thread, but has anyone ever been able to find/book an AY redemption through the CX or AM websites by now? Lots of availability through BA, but none whatsoever on CX.

After all, they have been advertising for a while now that I can do all of it directly through their website (which would ironically be a sufficient explanation as to doesn't work)

Really just curious if anyone succeeded.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by gpia
Kinda old thread, but has anyone ever been able to find/book an AY redemption through the CX or AM websites by now? Lots of availability through BA, but none whatsoever on CX.

After all, they have been advertising for a while now that I can do all of it directly through their website (which would ironically be a sufficient explanation as to doesn't work)

Really just curious if anyone succeeded.
I successfully redeemed AY HKG-HEL return in J through their website. 80,000AM only, very good deal.

Last edited by bibikang; Nov 9, 2016 at 10:02 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.