Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Seeing actual available seats in particular flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2016, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG

Is there an easy way to look at the actual available seats on a particular CX flight before booking/purchasing?

I'm considering making an itinerary change if/when award availability opens up, but wouldn't want to change if only middle seats in Regional Business were left on the flight.

Thanks!
Old Mar 25, 2016, 2:59 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Expertflyrr.com
Old Mar 26, 2016, 4:13 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
gimme the date and flight number and ill post a screenshot.
or, do a dummy booking on orbitz
Old Mar 26, 2016, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Thank you both! I actually have expert flyer and just didn't realize that was a function on there. Appreciate the help!
Old Mar 26, 2016, 7:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA & SPG Plat
You don't even need EF for this. You could had just went to cx.com and choose the date/flight you want...and the step before payment would have allowed u to see the seat map already.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 1:35 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Update: I'm not totally sure of your question. If your question is "which seats can I book?" as relating to the seat map, Daffies advice is spot on.

If the question is related to what are the actual loadings at any given point in time my advice stands below.

The only accurate way to know (that I'm aware of) is the CX internal system. You can see the #s precisely for each flight.

EF is second best way

Dummy booking + seat map generally the third best.

Last edited by QRC3288; Mar 27, 2016 at 1:46 am Reason: Not sure about question
Old Mar 27, 2016, 9:40 am

I think the dummy booking only shows which seats have been reserved rather than showing the actual loading.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 1:34 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by davidtai
I think the dummy booking only shows which seats have been reserved rather than showing the actual loading.
It is a little more quite accurate for business class as most passengers can choose their seats during booking. OP's concern is try to avoid booking a flight if ending up with a middle seat. In this case, seat map can be a reference although unavailable seats may be blocked instead of occupied.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 3:52 am

Programs: CX Gold
During booking for my flight with CX, I have successfully reserved seats for all pax in my group. The seat numbers were even indicated in the emailed itinerary/ticket. But when I checked the seat reservation in Manage Booking in CX's website, one of the passengers doesn't have a seat number and under the status, there was this message: "We were unable to process your request."

Does this mean that this particular pax won't be given a seat until he checks in? But the seat number is indicated in his ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.