CX lounge with wife and 2 young kids

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2016, 12:54 pm
J-H
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AA EXP

Hi all,

We are traveling today in J, I'm AA/Emerald. Has anyone been successful at bringing their wife and the kids into the F lounge? We could of course use the J side, but wanted to check. I did a search but was not that clear.

Tks!
Old Feb 13, 2016, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by J-H
Hi all,

We are traveling today in J, I'm AA/Emerald. Has anyone been successful at bringing their wife and the kids into the F lounge? We could of course use the J side, but wanted to check. I did a search but was not that clear.

Tks!
Are AA Emerald allowed two guests or just one? If it's just one then wife and 2 kids might be a stretch. I'm CX DM and I am allowed two guests and I bring in wife and 2 kids fine.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 8:42 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Passenger + 1 guest as OWE https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...tance.HKG.html. No additional entitlement for travelling in J
Old Feb 13, 2016, 10:10 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
You can try at the lounge, but the chance is slim. MPC DM can bring in two guests, and occasionally more, but not for all other OWEs.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 11:37 pm
R2

I'm AY Platinum (Oneworld Emerald) and never had trouble bringing in wife and one child to CX F lounge, even when we were travelling on AY.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 1:51 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
How old are the kids? That's the kicker. But if you're all flying in J, might as well ask, if they say no, J lounge is perfectly fine.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 4:10 am
J-H
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AA EXP

Thanks all! We just avoided the hassle and went to the J lounge, which was right next to gate 23 and very convenient. I did ask what the policy was, and they did indicate that I could do wife plus one kid in the Pier, but not both kids. Mine are 10 and 8

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.