Search

CX 197 AKL arrivals / fast track?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2016, 12:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF

Hey folks

Any recent experiences on how long the immigration/customs queues at AKL are, around CX197's arrival hours? I see that SQ/TG/MH and a few regional flights arrive a bit before/around CX's arrival.

Suppose there isn't a fast track service with CX - there does seem to be a Concierge service, but priority passport processing is 'subject to availability'.

Looking to get to ZQN the same day, on separate tickets & the last flight of the day gives us just 155 min - sounds risky on separate tickets.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 6:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold HH Diamond
Arrived on 197 last week and with hand baggage went from plane to ground side in just under 10 mins. No other arrivals at that time (on that occasion) so going by that you ought to be ok for a quick getaway.

If you have a UK (or NZ/AUS) passport then you can use the machines. In my experience its not immigration that is the bottleneck, its the Aggies inspection after you pick up your bags.

Best of luck.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 5:02 pm

Programs: QF Platinum, Former CX Diamond, TG Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Amex Platinum
I use CX197 a couple of times a year and in my experience, it's often delayed, usually around an hour or two. The excuse is usually late arrival of the inbound aircraft. That being said, I'm normally through immigration and agri in 15 minutes with hand baggage, 30 minutes with checked.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF

Thanks a bunch folks- yep seems to be delayed quite often!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.