Wiki Posts
Search

travel with baby in J

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2015, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

travel with baby in J

he is a year old.
Shall I lapchild him with my wife or own seat?
I dont mind either way.
I just wonder if anyone knows from experience how annoying it is to sleep with a baby in J?
EWR-HK
Old Aug 10, 2015, 4:25 pm

Programs: A handful of shiny cards
You might want to call CX and ask what the procedure is, since the seat belts in J have airbags. I would imagine that it would be dangerous to have a baby in a lap belt if something happened and the airbag did go off.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by CLTF
he is a year old.
Shall I lapchild him with my wife or own seat?
I dont mind either way.
I just wonder if anyone knows from experience how annoying it is to sleep with a baby in J?
EWR-HK
we've travel with our baby (around 1-2) in J, and we did lap because at that age they want to be with their mommy and daddy at all times anyway. Also, the seat is big enough for both mommy and kid to sleep together.

The baby seatbelt do not have airbag so it don't squeeze your kids. The adult ones have but the baby seatbelt goes outside of it, so your baby will be comfortable.

Now, we have a very quiet baby so noise wasn't a problem for us and after the journey the pax in our mini-cabin and FAs all took turns to play around with her and love her very much. If you have a crying baby....
Old Aug 10, 2015, 9:33 pm

They'll provide you with a CRD (child restraint device) which must be used with your seat belt for securing your child. The CRD will actually disable your seatbelt airbag so that in the event of an incident, the child won't be affected by it.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 8:08 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
77w seats r big enough for mum and 1yr old. ask for bassinet
Old Aug 11, 2015, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by CXhk
They'll provide you with a CRD (child restraint device) which must be used with your seat belt for securing your child. The CRD will actually disable your seatbelt airbag so that in the event of an incident, the child won't be affected by it.
Hi, I will be travel with a 4 years old (average in size), will they also provide a CRD or do you think he will be fine with just the seat belt across?
Old Aug 11, 2015, 9:49 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by catcathk
Hi, I will be travel with a 4 years old (average in size), will they also provide a CRD or do you think he will be fine with just the seat belt across?
A 4 year old must have their own seat.

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...s/infants.html
Old Aug 12, 2015, 8:34 am

Your 4yo will need their own seat.

If they're between 10-20kgs and less than a metre tall, you can ask to use a "CARES harness" as long as they're sitting in a seat without an airbag. So that's the reclining 'long haul style' (light blue coloured) EY and PEY seats only (not the fixed shells).
Old Aug 14, 2015, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by CXhk
Your 4yo will need their own seat.

If they're between 10-20kgs and less than a metre tall, you can ask to use a "CARES harness" as long as they're sitting in a seat without an airbag. So that's the reclining 'long haul style' (light blue coloured) EY and PEY seats only (not the fixed shells).
Thanks for the info, yes he is getting his own seat in J, and I have reserved the first row in the mini cabin, I also have a CARES harness, but what I'm not sure is that the harness will fit the hardshell of J....
Old Aug 14, 2015, 9:54 pm

Thanks for the info, yes he is getting his own seat in J, and I have reserved the first row in the mini cabin, I also have a CARES harness, but what I'm not sure is that the harness will fit the hardshell of J....
It won't.

As I said, the cares harness only works with seats without an airbag seatbelt. He'll just have to make do with the standard seatbelt and J class seat it seems!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.