Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Update on Taipei, Vancouver lounges

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2015, 7:06 am

Programs: JMB Diamond,NH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, IHG Royal Ambassador Spire,
I wonder if CX DM traveling on J/F would get invited into CI First lounge.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't and I remember the ground check in crew was a bit apologetic and actually said something like sorry they weren't able to arrange it or something. To be honest I was fine in the CI business lounge.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 1:05 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

I travelled on CX 565 from TPE to HKG on August 12 and the invitation had "More Lounge" or "GE Lounge". The "More Lounge" was crossed out and I was invited to use the "GE Lounge".

The CI Airlines Lounge was not mentioned (though MH was using it last year)

OW (BA) Sapphire flying in Business Class.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by mleung89
As a OWE (QF Plat) travelling in Y, I was also assigned to CI Business Class lounge as well.

On my lounge invitation, it actually printed "CI Lounge / GE Lounge" , and the check-in agent crossed out GE Lounge and have a separate stamp stating "CI CCL Lounge" on it.

The lounge has decent selection of food and pretty quiet. Much better than Wing J. One possible downside is the lack of window/natural light, the atmosphere is dark/romantic whichever way you want to take it. It has showers, 2 sleeping rooms as well.

I wonder if CX DM traveling on J/F would get invited into CI First lounge.
CX DM traveling on CX metal, Y, Y+, J or F is invited to CI Business Class Lounge.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 6:52 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by jackrussellterrier
I wonder if CX DM traveling on J/F would get invited into CI First lounge.
I wasn't and I remember the ground check in crew was a bit apologetic and actually said something like sorry they weren't able to arrange it or something. To be honest I was fine in the CI business lounge.[/QUOTE]

I flew TPE-HKG on J on 9 Aug... i.e. right after the typhoon hit on 8th... I was told "As DM normally you should be invited to use CI lounge, but because of the situation you can choose to use the More lounge or take NTD450 meal coupon"

So I still yet to have chance to visit CI lounge

More lounge? I can always use my PP to use it if I want
Old Aug 15, 2015, 7:46 pm

450 meal option? I would take that over against the lounge, and use my credit card to get access to lounges.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 8:14 pm

Programs: QF WP (OW Emerald)
Can the voucher/coupon use on non-restaurant, i.e. pineapple cake at the shops?
Old Aug 16, 2015, 8:42 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
450 meal option? I would take that over against the lounge, and use my credit card to get access to lounges.
That's my choice But you can imagine how busy the lounge was right after the typhoon... Therefore I went to a restaurant (and K.O.ed a beef noodle in 5 minutes because the restaurant was too busy and I didn't know about the delay until I rushed to the gate...)

Originally Posted by mleung89
Can the voucher/coupon use on non-restaurant, i.e. pineapple cake at the shops?
Didn't take a photo of it. The coupon didn't specify where you can use it, but as far as I can recall it stated it's for dine in so I guess no
Old Aug 16, 2015, 11:31 pm

Programs: MPC, Marriott, Hyatt
Going to HKG, as a GO member, got The More lounge, but my wife and daughter on J class got GE. We could either choose to go together to More or split up and they would be able to go to GE.

In the More now - it isn't bad but the decor is pretty tacky IMO. :P Pretty empty on a Monday afternoon.

Last edited by kawaii; Aug 16, 2015 at 11:45 pm
Old Aug 17, 2015, 3:20 am

Programs: SQ PPS, OZ Gold, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Platinum, IHG Diamond
Which lounge would one get in Taipei if flying on PEY, with Silver status? Thanks.

Originally Posted by kawaii
Going to HKG, as a GO member, got The More lounge, but my wife and daughter on J class got GE. We could either choose to go together to More or split up and they would be able to go to GE.

In the More now - it isn't bad but the decor is pretty tacky IMO. :P Pretty empty on a Monday afternoon.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 6:50 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
So here's a more consolidated summary explained to me by the check-in agent which is also in line with what most people reported here:
1. CI lounge - DM only
2. GE lounge - J pax only (not sure where F gets sent to)
3. The More - Everyone else (SL and GO travelling in Y)

Of course, early morning and late evening flts are subject to lounge hours.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 2:44 am

Programs: SQ PPS, OZ Gold, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Platinum, IHG Diamond
That's very helpful! Thanks

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
So here's a more consolidated summary explained to me by the check-in agent which is also in line with what most people reported here:
1. CI lounge - DM only
2. GE lounge - J pax only (not sure where F gets sent to)
3. The More - Everyone else (SL and GO travelling in Y)

Of course, early morning and late evening flts are subject to lounge hours.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 7:40 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Flying this weekend. Is Vancouver still not open?
Old Jan 14, 2016, 7:01 pm

Programs: CX, Marriott
Originally Posted by keitherson
Flying this weekend. Is Vancouver still not open?
I wonder about that too! Last I talked to the CX lounge attendant in Nov, they were targeting an opening date in mid Jan. Please report back if there are any updates. Thanks!
Old Jan 15, 2016, 9:28 pm

Programs: CX GO, BA Gold, OZ*G, IHG Spire RA
It wasn't open a couple weeks ago. Hopefully next week as I will be back there then.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 9:30 am

Location: JFK 🇺🇸 (mostly); YVR 🇨🇦 (a bit less); HKG 🇭🇰 (even less)
Programs: Marco Polo GR 😂😂; HHonors Gold; Ritz Carlton Gold
It was not open

Last edited by hl176; Jan 20, 2016 at 10:01 am Reason: thought the thread was talking about the existing lounge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.