HND

Africa:
None

Semi-reliable destinations:

BKK
TPE
PEK
MNL
SIN (Haven't seen this available in years * NetJets Germany * 20 May 2019) Flew F in Feb, but no F seems scheduled in future, Brunos 21/5/19
Print Wikipost

CX Routes with First Class?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2017, 4:51 am
kkl

Is it worth stumping up for F on HND route? Surprised no F on NRT route. So much more options in J from TYO-HKG if not fussed about F. Only 1 F flight a day from TYO
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:43 am

What is going with CX 520/521 in Dec? Seems that EF is showing it as a 77H with F/A class most days of the week, going daily 15-Dec. Would this be a good sign that there are reliable schedul of 1st class cabins, at least during the holidays?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 8:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Let's not have a definitive answer, to preserve the integrity of the sacred cabin
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:37 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by headinclouds
What is going with CX 520/521 in Dec? Seems that EF is showing it as a 77H with F/A class most days of the week, going daily 15-Dec. Would this be a good sign that there are reliable schedul of 1st class cabins, at least during the holidays?
I believe CX made that announcement a few months ago, that NRT will have 1 scheduled 77H daily.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 3:30 am
kkl

Do you know when CX will load the F inventory? F is showing up on paid fares but not award
Old Sep 29, 2017, 4:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kkl
Do you know when CX will load the F inventory? F is showing up on paid fares but not award
First, CX is not obliged to and do not guarantee that they will release F award seats on every flight with a F cabin. That said, award space, if any at all, is initially loaded around the same time as revenue inventory, at T-355 or so. Additional award space may be added anytime between then and departure, most often inside of T-14 or so.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:29 pm

Programs: Cathay Pacific-Asia Miles, Starwood
Any chance of F from HKG to BKK, already booked F from SFO to HGK but had to book business to BKK. Date is 1/14/18.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:33 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by darlaf
Any chance of F from HKG to BKK, already booked F from SFO to HGK but had to book business to BKK. Date is 1/14/18.
Too early to tell. Not to mention BKK can be swapped anyway.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:39 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by darlaf
I wouldn't be too concerned about F on that 2 hour flight. BKK is notorious for swaps even at the last minute.

But to answer your question CX will probably play around with the aircraft deployment somewhere along the line, so it's possible that F will surface on that day, but maybe not for your preferred flight.
darlaf likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 3:35 am
kkl

Originally Posted by dkc192
First, CX is not obliged to and do not guarantee that they will release F award seats on every flight with a F cabin. That said, award space, if any at all, is initially loaded around the same time as revenue inventory, at T-355 or so. Additional award space may be added anytime between then and departure, most often inside of T-14 or so.
I meant that it's still showing a A330 with no F on asiamiles at all. Compared with cash booking show 77W with F
Old Sep 30, 2017, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
I believe CX made that announcement a few months ago, that NRT will have 1 scheduled 77H daily.
Hope it is not the same announcement that said that CGK would have 1 daily 77H route. 2 months later, it disappeared from the scheduled completely.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 8:01 pm

Ewr F J Seat?

I just booked J from EWR to HK on 10/28. Original seat assignment was J cabin - when I went to look at seatmap - I saw 3 F seats available to select. I now have 1K. What happened is it possible that due to switch on 10/29 that this is a one off aircraft with F seats they are making available to biz passengers?
Old Oct 1, 2017, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by Newtoaasia
I just booked J from EWR to HK on 10/28. Original seat assignment was J cabin - when I went to look at seatmap - I saw 3 F seats available to select. I now have 1K. What happened is it possible that due to switch on 10/29 that this is a one off aircraft with F seats they are making available to biz passengers?
It's definitely possible, although it could also be some weird glitch - isn't 35G supposed to replace 77G to EWR right around then?

Are you an elite? In general CX is pretty tight about keeping F (or J) booked as the lower class to the last minute airport control or 48 hour out in favor of their MPCs, and OWEs at the last minute.

Would be a helluva score if so. I think something could be off though. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Can you see if the cabin map reflects 77H? If so your chances are definitely higher. If it reflects some phantom configuration - also happens from time to time - then it's almost surely a glitch.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by QRC3288
It's definitely possible, although it could also be some weird glitch - isn't 35G supposed to replace 77G to EWR right around then?

Are you an elite? In general CX is pretty tight about keeping F (or J) booked as the lower class to the last minute airport control or 48 hour out in favor of their MPCs, and OWEs at the last minute.

Would be a helluva score if so. I think something could be off though. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Can you see if the cabin map reflects 77H? If so your chances are definitely higher. If it reflects some phantom configuration - also happens from time to time - then it's almost surely a glitch.
yes I'm emerald/EP (earned almost exclusively on CX. Flight changes to 359 the next day on 10/29 - I'll fly it back (via Changi T4 in Nov) this is the seat map from Cathay. and I had my choice of 1A, 1D or 1K. Worried it's a glitch but figure the worst that happens is i get a less than ideal J seat (there's only a handful left per seat map)
Old Oct 2, 2017, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by Newtoaasia
yes I'm emerald/EP (earned almost exclusively on CX. Flight changes to 359 the next day on 10/29 - I'll fly it back (via Changi T4 in Nov) this is the seat map from Cathay. and I had my choice of 1A, 1D or 1K. Worried it's a glitch but figure the worst that happens is i get a less than ideal J seat (there's only a handful left per seat map)
I wonder if it's a crew related switch thing to send 77H on the last day of 777 to EWR. Totally possible, and possibly required by the weird situation changing to A359 and staffing differences between that and 77G. 77H requires fewer crew like 35G... particularly if they close F off to your chagrin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.