Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boston F/J Lounge Access

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Boston F/J Lounge Access

Am I right if I assume that CX F and J passenger are entitle to access the BA lounges at BOS, but since the flight depart in the middle of the night, that means there's no benefit of lounge anyway... (unless you get to the airport for dinner 5 hours before departure... :P)
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:25 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
They may not necessarily be OW lounges. We will know before service is launched.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
VS, EK, and TK all have late night flights (after 10pm) and I believe at least VS and TK use the Virgin Clubhouse so perhaps CX will strike a similar agreement.

There are also rumors that B6 and EK may be working on a joint lounge so perhaps CX would strike an agreement there if that comes to fruition.

There is also a BA lounge that JL uses for their BOS - NRT flight which would be an natural fit due to OW. However, neither JL or BA have late night flights from BOS so the timing may not work there.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 3:45 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
CX used BA lounge in SFO before having its own lounge. There were no BA flights around that time. The lounge attendants dressed in CX (not BA) uniforms. The BA lounge was actually a CX lounge during those hours. CX used JL lounge in SFO before they switched to the BA lounge. JL wasn't an OW member back then.

CX used the Swiss lounge when they launched the ORD flights.

So ... it is difficult to say which lounge CX will use in BOS.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:33 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, TrueBlue, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (starting 2016)
Originally Posted by flyerdude88
VS, EK, and TK all have late night flights (after 10pm) and I believe at least VS and TK use the Virgin Clubhouse so perhaps CX will strike a similar agreement.

There are also rumors that B6 and EK may be working on a joint lounge so perhaps CX would strike an agreement there if that comes to fruition.

There is also a BA lounge that JL uses for their BOS - NRT flight which would be an natural fit due to OW. However, neither JL or BA have late night flights from BOS so the timing may not work there.
EK uses a newly opened lounge in Terminal C since they now depart from that terminal.

BA does have a 10:30pm departure in the summer.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by adambisi
EK uses a newly opened lounge in Terminal C since they now depart from that terminal.

BA does have a 10:30pm departure in the summer.
but CX depart at 1:30am ......... will see what available...
Old Jan 13, 2015, 8:22 pm

I am sure that CX will arrange for a lounge at BOS for F/J/status pax prior to flight departure. They may pay BA to lease that space, or may lease the space from another lounge in the terminal.

To be honest, none of the BOS lounges are particularly great, so the eventual choice will probably be six of one, a half dozen of another.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by catcathk
Am I right if I assume that CX F and J passenger are entitle to access the BA lounges at BOS, but since the flight depart in the middle of the night, that means there's no benefit of lounge anyway... (unless you get to the airport for dinner 5 hours before departure... :P)
None of the lounges in T5 is particularly noteworthy. If you have that kind of time, have dinner in the North End. I particularly like Bricco. Not at all cheap, but you won't be disappointed. The North End is just through the tunnel from Logan. Taxi should be something like 10 minutes.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 9:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA Exp, SPG Gold, Le Club Plat
+1 for Bricco
Old Jan 14, 2015, 6:26 am

I thought CX BOS service is J only?
Old Jan 14, 2015, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
I thought CX BOS service is J only?
Nope - 4 class service. Presumably since the BOS runway is relatively short it's for any potential weight restriction issues since 4 class is less dense and has fewer seats which also means fewer seats to sell.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 1:33 am

Has there been an update on the lounge situation in BOS for F/J pax?
Old Jun 14, 2015, 5:28 pm

Programs: CX DM; TG *G, PG Premier
BOS Lounge Update

Was there on 13th night. BA Lounge.
Situation is ridiculous: the current Liquor License allows to serve alcohol only until 11pm. Staff clears shelves and locks fridges by 10:15pm.

Had to call to get CX staff to go to the Lounge.

Absolutely abysmal service. Hopefully License will be extended soon (but how could CX not check, and how can they not man the lounge from the moment check in opens is a mystery.

There is a F section. Since no warm food is served (kitchen closes when BA staff leaves) I could not see any difference between F and J sections (same locks on fridges and sandwiches etc.

F
Old Jun 14, 2015, 6:07 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Sounds lovely!
Old Jun 14, 2015, 9:38 pm

Classic Massachusetts - the land of the free would do well to chill out with respect to their booze...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.