Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Burger option for snacks

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2019, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by nightkhan
For all the hype around the CX burger, is it because it's actually considered really good? Or is it just because everything else on the J/F menu is mediocre? I've had the burger several times before and always just thought it was just alright, nothing special. It was a good option for a snack/mid-flight meal, but then again options weren't that great to begin with.
for someone who normally flies the back of the bus it’s just the fact that I can eat a bacon cheeseburger with fries at 35,000 feet. I had the beef tenderloin or steak entree and it was blah but the burger was really good.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 9:18 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I always have the burger with freshly sunny side fried egg in F as a snack. That's what ill have on Saturday again, the HKG-BOS usually has me very hungry later in flight
DieselYVR likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 11:04 am

Somehow I think the beef brisket rice noodle was superb, especially when compared to the burger. But that's another topic.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I always have the burger with freshly sunny side fried egg in F as a snack.
Interesting that you mention that. I'm beginning to think that there are precious few foods that wouldn't benefit from the addition of a fried egg.
DieselYVR and nufnuf77 like this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 5:19 am

On a long-haul flight from EU to HK earlier this week, burger was served on a tray with fries. It was cook quite nicely. I did enjoy it. It was better than the main course, brewed beef, in J.

Asked for fish for main course on J, but was told they were all taken by DM, including ones on Y. There were only 6 or 8 of fish main courses.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 5:47 am
Suspended

Programs: Taiwan is a country.
Originally Posted by Spock Seat
A long time ago, CX had a snack called Prosciutto Pizza in F. For me, it was the BEST snack ever. It was so good, I had the other one. ^ But on later F flights, it never came back.

Wish that would return. Woah, that was really very tasty and crunchy.

The Quesadilla from West Coast was my favorite.
They always ran out after first hour.

why do the great snacks disappear and the cup noodles remain.. cost I suppose
Old Aug 30, 2019, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
I notice they only have 2 or 3 of each of the snacks these days.. like 3 burgers, 2 quesadillas, 2 wonton noodles on my recent flight with 6 pax in F.... While there's more than enough for 1 snack per person, if there's something you want, best to reserve it ahead of time... Still miss the good old days with the hotpot rice...
Old Sep 3, 2019, 5:34 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Interesting that you mention that. I'm beginning to think that there are precious few foods that wouldn't benefit from the addition of a fried egg.
I agree, after my several months in Thailand i got used to adding fried eggs on everything. Though last Sunday it was a bit overcooked in my burger. We will see what the magician makes for me next weekend on my way back to HKG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.