Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Can I be issued both outbound and inbound boarding passes at departure?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2014, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt

I'm flying a basically same day return, so all within 24 hours. I'm just picking up some stuff up (in person) and then returning. My entire itinerary is within the span of 24 hours. In fact it looks like basically a MR since I'm going Outbound flight [1 hour transfer] Outbound flight [1 hour transfer] Inbound flight [1 hour transfer] Inbound flight, but with really bad cpm.

Okay, it's important, but can the outbound station issue boarding passes for all four flights? My connections are really short. My friend is meeting me airside (he has a flight, so he can enter the secure area), so I'm not worried about immigration or security. I've already done OLCI for all the flights (be honest it was kind of weird checking in all the flights online at the same time).

I can print the online boarding passes at home, but I never liked the quality of these home printed boarding passes (mostly because they take up a whole sheet of paper each, sometimes two pages). I want to avoid doing it if the outbound station is able to issue all my boarding passes.

Last edited by alphaod; Nov 25, 2014 at 8:10 pm Reason: Added that I can print boarding pass at home.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:09 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
CX659 HKG-SIN, CX636 SIN-HKG all on same day - HKG issued us both outbound and return
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:14 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
kiosk can sometimes issue if agent refuse... I did HKG-SIN-HKG but checkin agent insisted I couldn't get the SIN-HKG (but granted it was the 1am flight so date was different).

Othertimes when I did HKG-TPE_HKG, the agent took 15+min to issue the TPE-HKG leg. It was annoying...

morale of story - try Kiosk if agent can't help.

If you can print online boarding pass, DO IT... it saves you hassel for same-day return.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

I just printed the boarding passes online, looks like I already got an op-up on the return. ^

The main reason I don't like my home printed passes is because I don't have a color printer and being 80 gram paper, they're not exactly durable (gets crumpled too easily), and they're big sheets. I guess I will toss them if I can get the agent/kiosk to print them.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Just print out your BPs. Why make it into a drama? If you want a replacement BP, get it at the gate.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 12:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
As others have noted, use the kiosks to print out your boarding passes if you don't like doing it at home. Easier than running into a confused agent. Once you have printed it at home I'm not sure if the system lets you print again at the airport tho.

This is generally what we do to get all our boarding passes when doing a tpe turn if we have carry on only.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 1:03 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B142 Safari/8536.25)

As long as both legs are on the same airline (like not ka+cx for tpe pek or pvg) then u shud b fine. Always has an agent do hkg tpe hkg xxx.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 2:21 am

If you already printed the BP as home, the kiosk will say that you have already checked in and won't take further action - cannot reprint BP.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 8:41 am
Original Poster

I am not making a big deal. I didn't know I could print them at home when I posted this thread. Anyways even when I can, I avoid it because they're crappy.

Anyways I was able to get the check-in agent to do it. The kiosk did not let me print anything. Latter reason probably due to self-printing like zhaobao said.

Thanks everyone.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:31 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
If you don't like your home printer, couldn't you have printed all but the first leg in the lounge (if the check-in agent didn't do it)
Old Nov 30, 2014, 6:47 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Long time ago, the CX printed timetable stated TPE, BKK, and SIN as the 3 ports where if your inbound and outbound is within 24 (or 48 for one or some of them), both BPs can be printed.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 7:11 pm

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Hi all, just wondering if the above advice is still current.

I have a morning flight HKG-PVG, few hours in PVG (enough time to go landside for sure) and same day night flight booked from PVG-HKG. Both on separate PNR and both are KA.

If I check in at Airport Express in HKG in the morning, will they be able to issue BP for both flights? If it makes a difference I have no check in baggage either way.

Also in theory, if I did have both BP, would I be able to do an airside turnaround upon arrival by going through transit security and back again to HKG? I don't actually want to do this, but just wondering if it's possible in theory.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:49 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by midlevels
Hi all, just wondering if the above advice is still current.

I have a morning flight HKG-PVG, few hours in PVG (enough time to go landside for sure) and same day night flight booked from PVG-HKG. Both on separate PNR and both are KA.

If I check in at Airport Express in HKG in the morning, will they be able to issue BP for both flights? If it makes a difference I have no check in baggage either way.

Also in theory, if I did have both BP, would I be able to do an airside turnaround upon arrival by going through transit security and back again to HKG? I don't actually want to do this, but just wondering if it's possible in theory.
PVG is different, actually for all turn around (not transit) at Chinese airports, you will need to pass through immigration and everything, and collect your boarding pass in China. There are also several stamps need to be stamped on your boarding pass as you pass through each whatever control, miss one and you can't board.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 1:23 am

Programs: AA EP | UA 1K
At EWR the checkin agents would not do this for me, but it wasn't a problem because i just visited a transfer desk at HKG.

The annoying part was when i had a return flight on AA, since those desks do not open til 9AM and my flight from LAX got in at 6AM.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 9:58 am

I ran into two agents at HKG recently who were adamant that they couldn't issue outport boarding passes on separate PNR. Both provided an explanation along the lines that they couldn't access the other station's system with their HKG profiles.

Has something changed?

For background, this relates to positioning for an ex-outport ticket. I have done turnarounds at this outport before (no mobile/home printed BPs allowed) and only once had an HKG agent who wouldn't print the BP. In that case, it was obviously "don't know how" rather than "can't." In the end, I was able to get my BP at the transit desk at the turnaround point but that was mildly painful and I'd rather not do it again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.