Wiki Posts
Search

6.5 hour HKG layover - what to do?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2014, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lowly Blue
6.5 hour HKG layover - what to do?

Hi, I have a 6h 30m layover in HKG tomorrow - is it worth heading into town? Or if not, is there anything worth doing at the airport? In the past I have just stayed in the lounge, with family, but tomorrow I am travelling alone so I think I'll get bored more quickly!

James
Old Aug 9, 2014, 9:13 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Yeah head into town. It only takes like 30 minutes via the train.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lowly Blue
Thanks, that's good to know.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 9:22 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by peshwengi
Hi, I have a 6h 30m layover in HKG tomorrow - is it worth heading into town? Or if not, is there anything worth doing at the airport? In the past I have just stayed in the lounge, with family, but tomorrow I am travelling alone so I think I'll get bored more quickly!

James
tomorrow as in sunday? between what hours? I would pop down to Central (near Hong Kong Station, or getting off at the Jardine's House/City Hall stop of A11 bus and catch some dim sum at the City Hall Maxim's. they have 1-2 hour queues starting from 10am till 1-2pm so that would keep you pretty occupied!
Old Aug 9, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
This discussion should be raised in the HKG forum. There are quite a few discussions. OP can do a search and continue discussion, e.g. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hong-...yover-hkg.html

Instead of moving the thread over, I am closing this thread.

cxfan1960
CX CoMod

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.