Search

CX 899 Timings

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2014, 5:45 pm
formerly bdohmen
Original Poster

Programs: Still dealing with the loss of my BA Concorde Room Card
CX 899 Timings

I am looking to book 899 EWR - HKG. I see that it leaves at 0140 and I have gotten this backwards in the past. If I want to leave the 27th of May at 0140 do I book my departure on the 26th or the 27th?
Old May 22, 2014, 6:05 pm

? If you want to leave on the 27th, you book the 27th. What tends to confuse people is not realising that days change at midnight, not when you get up in the morning. I.e. 0140 on the 27th is usually seen as the night of the 26th, not the early hours of the 27th.
Old May 22, 2014, 6:29 pm
formerly bdohmen
Original Poster

Thanks!
Old May 22, 2014, 8:47 pm

This 1:40 a.m. departure is really a bear. I am tempted to go back to flying out of Harrisburg and take the ORD departure. 1:40 a.m. is so tiresome, and then if you want to eat you have to stay up another 3 hours to *enjoy* the first service meal.
Old May 23, 2014, 12:28 am
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
This 1:40 a.m. departure is really a bear. I am tempted to go back to flying out of Harrisburg and take the ORD departure. 1:40 a.m. is so tiresome, and then if you want to eat you have to stay up another 3 hours to *enjoy* the first service meal.
But if you are unfortunate enough to be in economy you wont be able to sleep anyway
Old May 23, 2014, 2:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
0140 on the 27th is, in common language, the night of 26th (except past midnight) if that helps
Old May 23, 2014, 3:23 am
formerly bdohmen
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mayodave
Quote:

But if you are unfortunate enough to be in economy you wont be able to sleep anyway
Luckily we will be in J so hopefully sleep is in our future. Ive seen the ORD departure when I was there catching the early BA flight but how do you work out the sleep on that flight? Have a dinner a few hours in and then stay up a few more hours and then pass out? My wife can sleep for 16 hours straight no problem so the 0140 works great for her.
Old May 23, 2014, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
Yes but that makes for some long connections (I write from the admirals club having just arrived from 806 and connecting to mdt this evening). I wish my destination were closer to ewr to be able to do that nonstop.

On the way back I always end up taking the very early first departure ex mdt because I've never been brave enough for the 1.5 hour connection from the noon flight, even if it's legal. But will try that later this year. The second ORD flight makes me more willing to risk a tight connection on the first.
Old May 23, 2014, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by CrazyJ82
Yes but that makes for some long connections (I write from the admirals club having just arrived from 806 and connecting to mdt this evening). I wish my destination were closer to ewr to be able to do that nonstop.

On the way back I always end up taking the very early first departure ex mdt because I've never been brave enough for the 1.5 hour connection from the noon flight, even if it's legal. But will try that later this year. The second ORD flight makes me more willing to risk a tight connection on the first.
True and true
Old May 24, 2014, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by jona970318
0140 on the 27th is, in common language, the night of 26th (except past midnight) if that helps
That is how I think.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.