Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Zurich [confirmed], Boston [confirmed], Manchester [confirmed]!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Zurich [confirmed], Boston [confirmed], Manchester [confirmed]!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Title of thread needs to be updated
Title of this thread needs to include SEA and MIA now
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by WarrenWong
Title of this thread needs to include SEA and MIA now
I don't get it.

Sarcasm?

SEA should happen. But I'm guessing on a A359

And MIA. Probably after SEA. Via Vancouver, IMO.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
The party is at my house
Wish I could do Inaugural but with OZfest later in May. Althouh I am interested in what the Premium Economy prices will be.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
CX should consider some more Canadian cities too. Like YYC and maybe YUL? I guess what's blocking them is Air Canada.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 2:33 pm

Programs: BA, CX, LH, WN
Nice move from CX. They truly see some big market to capture here in the US ^
Old Aug 22, 2014, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat+++
Made my Friday with this announcement...hopefully fares are good enough that I dont need to do BOS-EWR/JFK/LAX-HKG-XXX anymore. I fly it at least once a month and should save me a bunch of time. Will be able to put my kids to bed on the day I leave
Old Aug 22, 2014, 3:10 pm

Programs: BA, CX, LH, WN
Originally Posted by PWMFlyer19
Made my Friday with this announcement...hopefully fares are good enough that I dont need to do BOS-EWR/JFK/LAX-HKG-XXX anymore. I fly it at least once a month and should save me a bunch of time. Will be able to put my kids to bed on the day I leave
Usually what I have seen on CX is that the fare difference is around 150-200 to fly to HKG from SFO/LAX and EWR/JFK. Obviously if you are connecting then the whole formula changes and you may end up paying the same fares as SFO/LAX.

I was just searching for SFO-BLR and JFK-BLR to just get fare difference and it was just $100. Not that people would want to go through HKG to reach BLR from JFK but may be for other cities it makes sense.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 3:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by techblr
Nice move from CX. They truly see some big market to capture here in the US ^
JAL proved that Boston is a great market for Asia if you get the perfect airplane. I am sure, CX had Boston on their wishlist for a while. Perhaps they noticed the competition moving in and didn't want to wait for the A350.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by CDKing
Wish I could do Inaugural but with OZfest later in May. Althouh I am interested in what the Premium Economy prices will be.
I doubt I'll be able to fly the inaugural in either direction but who knows.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 4:17 pm

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
CX should consider some more Canadian cities too. Like YYC and maybe YUL? I guess what's blocking them is Air Canada.
I think CX could easily fill a plane from HKG/Asia to cities like YYC and maybe YUL, but the yields would suck and it would not be profitable, or at least not a good use of valuable 77Ws. It is much easier to partner with Westjet for short hops from YVR to YYC/YEG or YYZ to YUL.

Expanding into the USA is much more lucrative, higher yielding traffic, more connections (although not so much in BOS) and much more premium traffic.

It is also important that CX arrives at BOS now, as other airlines have expanded and launched BOS in the last few months, so if CX is to secure market share it needs to do it now, so this route launch is very good timing.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 4:53 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Slightly off topic. With all the flights to the USA, would it be feasible to setup a USA pre clearance facility at HKIA? I can imagine the time it would save queueing up at LAX or JFK.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 5:02 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Very excited to see this BOS announcement! ^

Now I don't have to schlep my way down to JFK just to get to HKG...
Old Aug 22, 2014, 5:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JY1024
Now I don't have to schlep my way down to JFK just to get to HKG...
JFK is an utter disgrace. Last year I was flying KE in C to BKK for Christmas and on the return I got stuck in the JFK nightmare.
Rather would have an option from/to BOS instead of dealing with the incompetent PANJY.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by Patriots
I don't get it.

Sarcasm?
What do you not get??
Old Aug 22, 2014, 9:01 pm
Suspended

In addition to passenger demand, there is also an opportunity for increased freight from New England to Asia, due to the Boeing 777-300ER belly capacity, and connectivity through our new Cargo Terminal in Hong Kong to Cathay’s extensive Asian freighter network
Cargo's the big thing here?

http://www.massport.com/news-room/ne...ways-to-eight/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.