Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

The Wing-let - a lounge for any questions and discussions [NEWBIE QUESTIONS WELCOME]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 31, 2013, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Welcome to The Wing-let - a lounge to discuss any topics.

This is a place for newbie questions, any topics semi-related to Cathay Pacific, where everyone is welcome to ask and discuss.

No question is too stupid, nothing is taken for granted, and anything about Cathay Pacific you were afraid to ask elsewhere, or weren't sure where to ask, you can ask here. Feel free to post here without fear of retribution for not using search.

As with the rest of FlyerTalk, discussions here should be constructive, courteous without aggression or personal attacks.

If anyone feels a good topic is posted here that should be broken out into a separate thread, please use the red triangle to report the post, and it will be considered for its own thread.
Print Wikipost

The Wing-let - a lounge for any questions and discussions [NEWBIE QUESTIONS WELCOME]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by nacho
That's weird, flew from HKG Nov. 6 (CX 1:10 flight to LHR). At check-in the agent told me that I have to change my FFP at the lounge in order for him to print the lounge invitation.

He said that I can't just wave my card into the lounge, I need an invitation to get to the Wing.

That is not true, I have emailed OW and they confirmed that you will be able to get access by showing your card
Old Nov 7, 2013, 6:19 pm
Suspended

That's weird, flew from HKG Nov. 6 (CX 1:10 flight to LHR). At check-in the agent told me that I have to change my FFP at the lounge in order for him to print the lounge invitation.

He said that I can't just wave my card into the lounge, I need an invitation to get to the Wing.
That's strange. What FFP did you originally had?
Old Nov 7, 2013, 9:28 pm

Programs: QF
CX Website booking engine problem (for first time CX user).
I do not seem to be able to enter airport codes (for dep & arrival), nor open the lookup lists, when trying to make a booking.
Any suggestions as to what is wrong (browser is Firefox). Thanks.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 10:51 pm

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by blutek
CX Website booking engine problem (for first time CX user).
I do not seem to be able to enter airport codes (for dep & arrival), nor open the lookup lists, when trying to make a booking.
Any suggestions as to what is wrong (browser is Firefox). Thanks.
Often times it takes a while after the page appears to have loaded before the airport list themselves are loaded. If that's the case, I'd just wait until ur browser has finished loading the page completely.

If that's not the case though, then maybe something is off for that localized site, and I'd try using a different CX country website (select the country/language at the top right). Based on your originating airport, you'd still be redirected to the correct fares and appropriate currency.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 1:04 am

Programs: QF
Eventually swapped back to Internet Explorer - solved.

Last edited by blutek; Nov 8, 2013 at 1:14 am
Old Nov 8, 2013, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by CanucksHKG
That's strange. What FFP did you originally had?
AB Gold = OW Sapphire. I'm from HK so I communicate with the check-in agent in Cantonese. The very same happened to me at LHR too - they told me that I can only get into CX lounge with an invitation.

I had to change my BP at the lounge to BAEC (where I want my points to be credited).

I got into BA lounge with my AB card without any problem.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 10:51 am

AB Gold = OW Sapphire. I'm from HK so I communicate with the check-in agent in Cantonese. The very same happened to me at LHR too - they told me that I can only get into CX lounge with an invitation.

I had to change my BP at the lounge to BAEC (where I want my points to be credited).

I got into BA lounge with my AB card without any problem.
I guess they were probably a little worried about fake cards going around
Old Nov 9, 2013, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jona970318
I guess they were probably a little worried about fake cards going around
Fake cards You can fake physical cards but you can't fool the system with fake number - after all you need to have the FFP number that matches the name of the ticket holder.

The number was on the BPs and in CX's system and they could see that I got seat pre-assigned due to my OW Sapphire status.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 1:34 pm
Suspended

I'm not quite following
If your AB / OWS was entered and shows up on your original BP....shouldn't the system have already automatically print out a lounge invite along with your BP??
Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CanucksHKG
I'm not quite following
If your AB / OWS was entered and shows up on your original BP....shouldn't the system have already automatically print out a lounge invite along with your BP??
Well with AB I get 0 miles for my flights, so I told them to change it to BAEC which I can get 25% + family membership. So at CI at HKG I was told by the agent that I can't change it to BAEC because as soon as I change it there will be no lounge invitation.

I then asked him whether it's enough with my OW Sapphire card + BP he said CX lounges only accepts invitation (due to the amount of PAX). So at the lounge I asked them to reprint my BPs to show the BAEC numbers.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 9:19 am

-----

Last edited by Stnf; Nov 10, 2013 at 9:23 am Reason: found the answer
Old Nov 13, 2013, 2:26 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
NEW to CX, how to find the routing I want

Current Diamond Medallion with Delta. making the switch to CX and One World. Looking to book tickets in Business class, MNL to JFK, without the stopover in YVR, I prefer non stop HKG>JFK, preferably arriving later than 0600, as the first flight out of JFK to PIT is at 4pm on DL, and would like to keep my time at JFK to a minimum. Thank you for any advice.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA, UA, QF, TK, EY, NZ
Try the multi-city booking function.. It doesn't mean you have to stay in HKG but at least it breaks up sectors so you can choose them individually.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 2:49 pm

I may be difficult considering your MNL and PIT connection. If you like, I would certainly recommend doing a stopover of some sort maybe flying out of MNL a day earlier and taking the cx830 which will get you to JFK at noon since other flights will arrive past your PIT connection
Old Nov 13, 2013, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by jona970318
I may be difficult considering your MNL and PIT connection. If you like, I would certainly recommend doing a stopover of some sort maybe flying out of MNL a day earlier and taking the cx830 which will get you to JFK at noon since other flights will arrive past your PIT connection
I just realized there is a 5:10am flight out of MNL, so if you want to do that you could make your same day connection for the 9:35am to JFK and onward to PIT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.