Search

BA lounge refusing CX members at MXP

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2013, 4:56 am

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Quote:

Originally Posted by nic14691

I also had problems the other way round. Was flying FRA-LHR in J and the lounge dragon in the CX lounge said I had no access since BA uses the JL lounge in FRA.

There's a difference between lounge access due to a premium cabin ticket and lounge access via alliance status. Some airlines send their premium cabin passengers to a specific lounge, while alliance elites have their choice of lounge according to alliance rules.
Shouldn't be an issue with oneworld where class of service gives you access at all alliance lounges.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 1:16 pm

Programs: spg platinum, hyatt diamond, Intercontinental Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold
I can forsee this being a problem for CX Y class pax with alliance status.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 1:44 pm
Suspended

Should write to BA and complain!
Old Oct 19, 2013, 7:02 pm

BA lounge does this regularly. In Philadelphia the BA lounge refused to let me use First Class side, and it's empty, even if I reminded him I'm OW Emerald but the agent refused to budge and told me to only use Business Class side.

Then the Chicago BA lounge is the worst, they simply refuse entry! I have been told to "go back to your own lounge" and they insist they have the right to refuse entry, and when I challenged them that their lounge is very empty they insisted they can simply say no for any reason and alliance rules are only a guideline but not the law.

This is why I think CX should also be tougher on granting entry, but of course not as senseless as BA. But when the lounge is overcrowded, there is absolutely within the rights of CX to deny entry of non-CX members.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 8:53 pm

[QUOTE=Cathay Boy;21635755]
Then the Chicago BA lounge is the worst, they simply refuse entry! I have been told to "go back to your own lounge" and they insist they have the right to refuse entry, and when I challenged them that their lounge is very empty they insisted they can simply say no for any reason and alliance rules are only a guideline but not the law.

Starting Oct 1, 2013, CX at Chicago ORD is now officially using the First & Business BA Lounges respectively, so you should have access without any issues. The CX website also reflects this change:
http://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_U...tails.ORD.html
Old Oct 22, 2013, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
This is why I think CX should also be tougher on granting entry, but of course not as senseless as BA. But when the lounge is overcrowded, there is absolutely within the rights of CX to deny entry of non-CX members.
I can only see the poor agents / girls getting yelled at when they ask pax to go away.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 9:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
Originally Posted by zqsn5678
I can only see the poor agents / girls getting yelled at when they ask pax to go away.
They might view it as a refreshing change from being yelled at about the availability and quality of the toast and congee offerings.

Back on topic, I've never had problems accessing BA lounges in Europe on CX status, although I was flying BA and my experience isn't as extensive as others' here. Dollars to donuts what happened is that at the time the BA lounge was no longer the contracted CX lounge, the dragons got a memo to that effect -- and then promptly got confused about what it meant. In reality, it just meant that CX SLs in Y/PEY would get shunted off to the new lounge and normal oneworld rules would now apply to CX premium and ows/owe pax.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 12:25 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
I think this is more likely the answer, I will see what the brass at CX towers say when they get back to me on it
Old Oct 23, 2013, 12:28 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by CrazyJ82
Back on topic, I've never had problems accessing BA lounges in Europe on CX status, although I was flying BA and my experience isn't as extensive as others' here.
If you are flying BA, you should never have a problem accessing the BA lounge based on your CX status, since the BA lounge is the designated lounge for a BA flight.

The problem arises when you try to use your OneWorld entitlements and go to a different lounge than which you are entitled. For example, I was departing SYD on MH, and I went to the QF lounge. After handing over my boarding pass at the entry and walking away, I heard the lounge attendant say to his colleague ... "and here are the first of the Malaysian airlines people" in a tone of "Geeee....of course those non-QF people are going to come and want to use our lounge when they have their own."
Old Oct 23, 2013, 12:41 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Unlike the hoards of loud Ozzies who swarm the lounges in HKG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.