Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

KA F to CX J (regional): Which Lounge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2013, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold

Did a search and read through the FAQ and was only able to turn up that long haul F to regional J allows for F lounge access. What have been peoples' experiences in HKG when connecting from KA F (say PVG-HKG) to CX J (say HKG-BKK) with which part of the Wing they got access to? Thanks.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 6:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by uavking
Did a search and read through the FAQ and was only able to turn up that long haul F to regional J allows for F lounge access. What have been peoples' experiences in HKG when connecting from KA F (say PVG-HKG) to CX J (say HKG-BKK) with which part of the Wing they got access to? Thanks.

And P.S: Don't be surprise if your KA875 ended up being a two-class config without F.

Last edited by CanucksHKG; Oct 12, 2013 at 1:55 am
Old Oct 12, 2013, 1:40 am

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
Originally Posted by CanucksHKG
Quote:

Originally Posted by uavking

Obviously you didn't search hard enough. Google's your friend my pal.
Your HKG-BKK flight is more than 5 hours.
http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

And P.S: Don't be surprise if your KA875 ended up being a two-class config without F.
I don't know the answer the OP's question, but I do know the snark in your reply is uncalled for because I definitely do not know on what planet HKG-BKK is more than five hours.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 1:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CrazyJ82
I don't know the answer the OP's question, but I do know the snark in your reply is uncalled for because I definitely do not know on what planet HKG-BKK is more than five hours.
Sorry, misread OP's final destination.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 2:12 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
I had a similar question. Lsat year I am pretty sure we flew KA F and connected to CX J and were allowed access to the first class lounge. However, I contacted Cathay customer service and was told that I would only have business lounge access this time.

If you have flights booked then just wait and see. If you have the same problem as us (flight downgraded to 2 class and could choose to fly a couple of hours earlier in F or the same time in J) you have to decide how important the time is to you.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 8:29 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by price123
I had a similar question. Lsat year I am pretty sure we flew KA F and connected to CX J and were allowed access to the first class lounge. However, I contacted Cathay customer service and was told that I would only have business lounge access this time.
interesting...when did you contact CX customer service? Is this something new? I wonder if they changed their policy. Would be keen to hear what happens. Relatives of mine face this similar issue in the near future - will be landing on CX F, but connecting to a two-class KA config in J. I told them they should be able to get into the F side of the lounge but this sounds like maybe the policy has changed?
Old Oct 12, 2013, 10:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by price123
Originally Posted by QRC3288
interesting...when did you contact CX customer service? Is this something new? I wonder if they changed their policy. Would be keen to hear what happens. Relatives of mine face this similar issue in the near future - will be landing on CX F, but connecting to a two-class KA config in J. I told them they should be able to get into the F side of the lounge but this sounds like maybe the policy has changed?
No policy has been changed.
Officially you're only allowed access the J lounge as you're connecting regional to regional. But price123 was lucky and was able to access F too.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 10:53 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by CanucksHKG
No policy has been changed.
Officially you're only allowed access the J lounge as you're connecting regional to regional. But price123 was lucky and was able to access F too.
I think this is new to me. I didn't recall the T&C mentioned anything about "regional to regional". Expecically transit point is HK, all flights are considered "international flight".
p.s. Oneworld rule might has some difference... base on longer route, cross the pond...

If this is the case, I think moderator should update the thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15321382-post11.html

9.4 I am arriving off CX First Class and connecting to a CX or KA flight in Business Class. Can I access the First Class lounge during my transit?
Yes. You will be issued with two lounge invitations when you check in for your flight, one for use at your outport and one for use in Hong Kong. Your Hong Kong lounge invitation will clearly display an invitation to "The Wing/Pier/Cabin/G16 Lounge - FIRST CLASS".

Last edited by Fly2Where; Oct 12, 2013 at 10:59 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.