Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New fees for changing award bookings

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2013, 9:02 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
New fees for changing award bookings over the phone

Well, SQ does have a small charge for date changes to partner awards (USD 20, but same cost for a routing change, something CX wants USD100/10K asiamiles for).

Redeposit of miles for completely unused tickets is USD30 vs USD120/12K asiamiles).
Old Sep 9, 2013, 9:43 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Psychiatrist
Shame on them. Very bad for them to just sneak it in, and hope we don't notice it.

When credit cards do the same thing (like changing the redemptions from HK$12 : 1 Asia Mile to HK$15 : 1 Asia Mile), at least they send us something in the mail (albeit on a small slip of paper with super tiny size 6 font).

Perhaps this is a way for them to earn extra revenue, while decreasing workload of their call center staff.

I'll raise this at the DM luncheon on Wednesday. At least they should waive this fee for DM/GO.
are you going to advocate to them to waive for premium members only??!

us nobodys aren't getting anywhere.... i'd think a 10USD charge/1000 miles would be sensible, but 25USD just for date change would sound steep...!
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:05 am

Thats really bad. Free date and time change is almost the only strength of AM over its OW partners. BA' chart beats AM's redemption rate almost in all distance.

So are they taking the waitlist system away as well?
What about bookings without ticket issued?
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kaka
are you going to advocate to them to waive for premium members only??!

us nobodys aren't getting anywhere.... i'd think a 10USD charge/1000 miles would be sensible, but 25USD just for date change would sound steep...!
Let's face it. If CX gone through the depth of researching + introducing this fee, they ain't gonna take it away any time soon.

But however, if we could hopefully get them to waive this fee for MPO elites, that would be a great step moving forward already.

Originally Posted by LchChester
Now...let's not give them any ideas
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by LchChester
Thats really bad. Free date and time change is almost the only strength of AM over its OW partners. BA' chart beats AM's redemption rate almost in all distance.

Maybe they will do away with all the Asia Miles thing? Joking of course. But at the rate things are going, the call centre will not cost anything to run - the fees will be more than enough!
Old Sep 9, 2013, 11:24 am
Suspended

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B142 Safari/8536.25)

They havent notified us thru email either
Originally Posted by Psychiatrist
Shame on them. Very bad for them to just sneak it in, and hope we don't notice it.

When credit cards do the same thing (like changing the redemptions from HK$12 : 1 Asia Mile to HK$15 : 1 Asia Mile), at least they send us something in the mail (albeit on a small slip of paper with super tiny size 6 font.
They did announce it in today's e-mail regarding the new 25% econ classes. Just that FT members were one step faster and found out a few hours before the mass e-mail was sent out
Old Sep 9, 2013, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by IncyWincy
Maybe they will do away with all the Asia Miles thing? Joking of course. But at the rate things are going, the call centre will not cost anything to run - the fees will be more than enough!
well... there is one good thing for this change, the wait time for Asiamiles/MP hotline will be reduced.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 5:32 pm

Programs: QF WP (OW Emerald)
Not just the additonal cost, but the hassle of providing credit card details every time you make a change. This can be quite annoying, and time consuming.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 6:19 pm
Suspended

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B142 Safari/8536.25)

So peoplehere thinks its a fair deal and waiver for elites and wont join the petition?

Disclaimer: im a cx green.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 6:47 pm
Suspended

So peoplehere thinks its a fair deal and waiver for elites and wont join the petition?

What is the unpublished benefit thing CX did for u as a green?
Old Sep 9, 2013, 6:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by correctioncx

What is the unpublished benefit thing CX did for u as a green?
I can also be a guest of a higher tiered member at the same time, or a higher tiered member of other FFP.

The said unpublished bennies would be deemed off topic here

Last edited by kaka; Sep 9, 2013 at 6:55 pm
Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:42 pm

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Another nail in the coffin of AM?

I'm been considering jumping ship to BAEC for a while now, as I do 4 sectors on BA metal per year and in the last few years CX offers no extra service to its own Gold members that other OW Sapphire's don't get.

Honestly, what's next? Maybe they'll give us a seat guarantee in F class and in the same stroke do away with it for BHKMLV classes.

AM redemptions are such horrible value that their only redeeming feature was that at least changes were free.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 9:30 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by jagmeets
Personally, I'd be fine with the change IF there was an option to do everything online for free....
Agreed.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 9:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by midlevels
Another nail in the coffin of AM?

I'm been considering jumping ship to BAEC for a while now, as I do 4 sectors on BA metal per year and in the last few years CX offers no extra service to its own Gold members that other OW Sapphire's don't get.

Honestly, what's next? Maybe they'll give us a seat guarantee in F class and in the same stroke do away with it for BHKMLV classes.

AM redemptions are such horrible value that their only redeeming feature was that at least changes were free.
Much agreed, no wonder i am holding off amex, citi and hsbc points to avoid giving to asiamiles...
Old Sep 9, 2013, 9:33 pm

Programs: AA 8MM Exec,Life Plat, Marriott Amb,Life Titanium, ,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist.
All I do is pay fees....

Cathay people....you are lucky!

At AA the award availability drops at weird times....So when booking a safari or a cruise when you NEED to be somewhere at specific dates and times. We book what we can get. I had millions of miles and have been burning them and I pay the following fees daily. I average about $350 in fees a month trying to obtain seats in F or J.....

Change in city pair.....JFK-HKG-BKK to JFK-HKG $150
Cancel Aadvantage aaward $150 redeposit fee
$75 for changes within 21 days....which is when inventory opens up!!!
Though now waived as lifetime plat....
$25 ticketing fee for using phone agent even though One World booking availability is not available online????

If they are only starting now..consider yourselves lucky.

Safe travels to all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.