Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2013, 12:58 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Time for MH flights to post?

Anyone with experience on how long it takes for MH flights to post to Marco Polo? I took a flight about 12 days ago, and still no posting for the MH flight.

My experience with MH was great. I had purchased one of their super cheap J fares to SYD, and the food onboard was superb. Probably some of the best food I've ever had on a flight, and one of the dishes, a fish dish, was comparable to a good restaurant on the ground.

Unfortunately, MH is phasing out the J seats on their 777, as the J seats on the A330 were quite uncomfortable. The cushioning is very hard, and made me numb in the bum as well as in my skull. I might give them another try and maybe I'll have a better experience, but the A330 seats really are a turn-off. I don't mind the slopey seats for the price, but the hardness was really bad.

Once they have the A380 on HKG-KUL and if they send the A380 to SYD, then it will be a no brainer to choose MH over CX if you have the time for transits.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 1:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sxc
Once they have the A380 on HKG-KUL and if they send the A380 to SYD, then it will be a no brainer to choose MH over CX if you have the time for transits.
I find that generally CX's fares are stilll cheaper than MH on the HKG-KUL route.

And MH's Economy Promo....MH Basic....MH Smart....all earns nothing with CX MPC/Asia Miles. Only starting with the "MH Flex" fares....which by that price, is almost very similar to their business promo pricing.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 2:04 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Yes - I was referring to the MH fares in Business class which can be the same price as CX in Y on the HKG-Australia fares.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 2:14 am

I just booked myself MH J class Europe-BKK.
End of last year I took CX J (I class) but I-fare has gone up almost 21% since. MH is now 7% cheaper than what I paid on CX. Total difference of almost 30%!

Just hope the miles post on time as I need to maintain status and I`m pushing it to the cut-off date.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 3:04 am
Suspended

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
Originally Posted by sxc
Anyone with experience on how long it takes for MH flights to post to Marco Polo? I took a flight about 12 days ago, and still no posting for the MH flight.

My experience with MH was great. I had purchased one of their super cheap J fares to SYD, and the food onboard was superb. Probably some of the best food I've ever had on a flight, and one of the dishes, a fish dish, was comparable to a good restaurant on the ground.

Unfortunately, MH is phasing out the J seats on their 777, as the J seats on the A330 were quite uncomfortable. The cushioning is very hard, and made me numb in the bum as well as in my skull. I might give them another try and maybe I'll have a better experience, but the A330 seats really are a turn-off. I don't mind the slopey seats for the price, but the hardness was really bad.

It's been over a month now since I took my MH flight eligible for Asia Miles and nothing has been credited.

Overall, I was not impressed with MH. The FCL lounge at KLIA was sub-par and the quality of wine was very cheap (Jacob's Creek).

Not very keen in taking MH to be honest. I'll stick with CX.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by 380Flyer
It's been over a month now since I took my MH flight eligible for Asia Miles and nothing has been credited.

Overall, I was not impressed with MH. The FCL lounge at KLIA was sub-par and the quality of wine was very cheap (Jacob's Creek).

Not very keen in taking MH to be honest. I'll stick with CX.
So be it then.

I'm happy with MH and am glad that they are offering great fares to many places. The lounge is adequate, and the food offerings are great. Your flights not crediting is not an issue with MH but could be with CX. My flights all credited correctly with AAdvantage.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:11 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Just an update, I filed a missing mileage request by faxing my details to the club. They emailed me and said that I needed to send original boarding passes. I called them, and was told that depending on the airline they sometimes need original boarding passes. eg BA they can accept faxed copies, but MH wants the original boarding passes. Don't know why a paper copy of the boarding pass is required in the world of e-ticketing but anyway...

Still waiting for the mileage...
Old Apr 30, 2013, 2:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sxc
Just an update, I filed a missing mileage request by faxing my details to the club. They emailed me and said that I needed to send original boarding passes. I called them, and was told that depending on the airline they sometimes need original boarding passes. eg BA they can accept faxed copies, but MH wants the original boarding passes. Don't know why a paper copy of the boarding pass is required in the world of e-ticketing but anyway...

What happens if u use e-boarding pass or print out online?
Old Apr 30, 2013, 2:48 am

Programs: BR Diamond, ROP Gold, CX Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sxc

I took some MH flights in March as well and had to file mileage claims - after several calls and emails, MPC has accepted scanned copy of the boarding passes (which I am grateful for). Was told to wait 6 to 8 weeks for the posting. Not sure if the problem lies with CX or MH.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 9:38 pm

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
No problem when I credited to AA. Could be a CX problem.
Old May 2, 2013, 7:44 pm

Programs: hh Diamond,Marriott plat, ihg spire
Problem with Z fares crediting

I have had a couple of MH flights not crediting

Flew in

late Feb in B - 2 flights
Late Feb J - 1 flight
March Z - 5 flights
Mid april Z - 2 flights

All have not credited. I am missing 12 sectors as a result. Some flights later then these have credited. Have also filed a missing miles claim with MPC and sent in my original boarding passes in early april for my Feb flights. Unfortunately no news as yet one month later and no indication from them they ever received my request.
Old May 2, 2013, 8:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
our fumitani also had problems crediting (JL) his MH J flights to europe, so i dont think this is only a CX problem
Old May 3, 2013, 5:35 am

Still waiting for 4 MH flights (counting for 5 segments) to hit my MCP account. Never had this issue with AA, BA (or MX).

My TG flight that I took in between the MH segments hit my LH account within 2 working days.

Originally Posted by asian_journeyman
I have had a couple of MH flights not crediting

Flew in

late Feb in B - 2 flights
Late Feb J - 1 flight
March Z - 5 flights
Mid april Z - 2 flights

All have not credited. I am missing 12 sectors as a result. Some flights later then these have credited. Have also filed a missing miles claim with MPC and sent in my original boarding passes in early april for my Feb flights. Unfortunately no news as yet one month later and no indication from them they ever received my request.
Old May 24, 2013, 5:36 pm

Programs: CX DM, PC RA
i recently flew Y on MH (H class fare). On Thursday i sent in the mail the following:
- missing miles request form
- original boarding passes
- print out of e-ticket and purchase confirmations received via email

Miles + sectors were credited late Friday night so ~36 hours

Very respectable turnaround time IMO
Old May 25, 2013, 3:04 pm

Programs: CX DM(flown not Amex), AF FB Plat, LH SEN (not for long), TG Silver
Was wondering the same thing last week, FYI flight was 10MAY, crediting date 17MAY. So looks like one week.

By the way, hello CX forum, long time lurker, first time poster, just keep reading threads I think I can answer some questions in!

Cheers
CX261

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.