Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prem Econ LHR > AKL | MEL > LHR

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2013, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by QRC3288

Basically, CX was leaving money on the table before.
Agree.

Some people will think it's worth paying more to go from Y to Y+, some people will think for mid haul and daytime flights that J is no longer necessary and drop to Y+. So long as the earth doesn't stop spinning and most long hauls still have overnight segments, J customers will stay in J whilst those in Y who can afford it, will now be in Y+.

So long as CX don't let Y+ creep into regional too much it only can only be a winner for them.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 3:12 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by QRC3288
Airlines know there is an economic segment inefficiently served because of massive segmentation between Y and J. That's the PEY demographic. Someone who would pay 3-4k USD for a ticket to JFK, but maybe can't always afford 8k.
I agree with everything in your post and I am this demographic captioned here. My problem is that I don't think that CX has presented a product proposition that justifies my extra outlay for the prices that they are asking. I just wish they hadn't been so stingy on the seat layout and other aspects of the service or else I would definitely shell out the extra $$$.

Last edited by sxc; Apr 1, 2013 at 3:50 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.