Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Review of new F wing

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2013, 8:38 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by correctioncx
No basically he said the Haven - which is the restaurant inside the lounge is the only place that serves food and there r no snack items anywhere else in the f class lounge. I think maybe they can introduce some bar snacks at the sit down bar and maybe some canapés at the champagne bar, that will be super. There is no self serve facility within the F Class lounge.
One can walk through to the J lounge & bring a plate back with no issues, I would assume. Not ideal of course. I am assuming that the J lounge has snacks such as sandwiches, nuts etc??
Old Mar 25, 2013, 8:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NoY
One can walk through to the J lounge & bring a plate back with no issues, I would assume. Not ideal of course. I am assuming that the J lounge has snacks such as sandwiches, nuts etc??
But you know the ego of some of the people here - walking to the J Class side makes them feel inferior and it is the end of the world.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 9:48 pm

Programs: CX DM
But you know the ego of some of the people here - walking to the J Class side makes them feel inferior and it is the end of the world.
On this topic - I have noticed at least at the times when I am at the lounge, it looks like there is no one monitoring the entrance via the Atrium into the F lounge. The attendant at the Haven does look over the entrance but he wouldn't be the one checking pax for access eligibility.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 10:16 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by marcuslai
On this topic - I have noticed at least at the times when I am at the lounge, it looks like there is no one monitoring the entrance via the Atrium into the F lounge. The attendant at the Haven does look over the entrance but he wouldn't be the one checking pax for access eligibility.
They should setup a desk/podium like they used to in this area to monitor pax and also help with any flight questions etc.. (in particular OPUPS! )
Old Mar 25, 2013, 11:17 pm

They should setup a desk/podium like they used to in this area to monitor pax and also help with any flight questions etc.. (in particular OPUPS! )
^ yes absolutely. opups to F should be clearly told they do not gain F lounge access because of the opup !!
Old Mar 25, 2013, 11:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by marcuslai
^ yes absolutely. opups to F should be clearly told they do not gain F lounge access because of the opup !!
I'm talking about opups to DM. But yes if you are not already eligible for lounge access based on status then you won't get it if u r opup
Old Mar 25, 2013, 11:30 pm

Question

Sorry it this seems trivial. First time in CX F and am very excited about the new lounge. What are the opening hours? My flight HKG-ORD is at 11:00a.m., looks like I am going to miss lunch. Would have loved to try the clay pot.

Many thanks to the member who posted the pictures.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 11:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ConciergeBrandon
Sorry it this seems trivial. First time in CX F and am very excited about the new lounge. What are the opening hours? My flight HKG-ORD is at 11:00a.m., looks like I am going to miss lunch. Would have loved to try the clay pot.

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_.../hklounge_wing

Opening Hours of The Wing
The Wing will open at 5:30am until last flight departure. Operating hours (with limited service) may be extended, and is subject to flight schedule.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 11:50 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Avoid the claypot, it is too salty. The Beef Fillet and the Rissoto are the best items on the menu. But for your flight you can only have breakfast at the lounge.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 7:50 am

correctioncx,

Thanks for this. More importantly is there self service Champagne?
Old Mar 26, 2013, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by kitbag1984
correctioncx,

Yes
Old Mar 26, 2013, 8:19 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kitbag1984
correctioncx,

Yea at the champagne bar
Old Mar 27, 2013, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
My flight HKG-ORD is at 11:00a.m., looks like I am going to miss lunch.
I look at it slightly differently. You are going to have a lovely lunch onboard.

Yea at the champagne bar
There (here) now. Moet regular and Rose as well as Veuve yellow label.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 12:43 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I look at it slightly differently. You are going to have a lovely lunch onboard.

There (here) now. Moet regular and Rose as well as Veuve yellow label.
Wow looks like they are upgrading slowly! VCP is not bad.
Hope they bring in other brands.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 3:03 am

http://flight-report.com/reportage/3523/HKG-KUL.html

A TR with very comprehensive photos of the food at the F Wing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.