Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Review of new F wing

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2013, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I must admit I'm a little disappointed with the refurbishment, judging by pictures alone. I was expecting a warmer colour scheme, something like the J section of The Wing, just with more spaced apart seating and obviously upgraded food/service/cabanas etc. as with the old F lounge.

The red/black/white combo looks quite cold to me.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to visit the refurbished lounge in the near future and see for myself.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 1:13 pm

The color choice for the renovation is probably to give the whole lounge a grander feel. Somehow wood just doesn't look as luxurious, especially from a typical mainlander's point of view.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by GE90-115B
The color choice for the renovation is probably to give the whole lounge a grander feel. Somehow wood just doesn't look as luxurious, especially from a typical mainlander's point of view.
Well, I grew up in the States so I'm not a "mainlander point-of-view", but ironic you say that, I have the feeling the renovated lounge has too many "mainlander finger prints" in them.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
Well, I grew up in the States so I'm not a "mainlander point-of-view", but ironic you say that, I have the feeling the renovated lounge has too many "mainlander finger prints" in them.
I think any sensible Asian airline in today's market will try their best to cater to mainlanders rather than Americans
Old Apr 1, 2013, 3:29 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
I had the pleasure of The Wing last night, for the first time. I must say, I was impressed. My drink was constantly topped up, the food excellent, and the decor stylish.

By far the coolest part for me, was the private Cabanas. Really awesome. So much I made a video tour the Cabana, for those of you that are sad enough to watch :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OSss70Or6o
Old Apr 1, 2013, 3:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ba_cityflyer
I had the pleasure of The Wing last night, for the first time. I must say, I was impressed. My drink was constantly topped up, the food excellent, and the decor stylish.

By far the coolest part for me, was the private Cabanas. Really awesome. So much I made a video tour the Cabana, for those of you that are sad enough to watch :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OSss70Or6o
Great video, thanks for sharing! When I was at 00:40, I almost thought that was the sink! ......until I saw the little side table + sofa as you tilted up the camera.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Kachjc
I think any sensible Asian airline in today's market will try their best to cater to mainlanders rather than Americans
This is like saying since China has raised, the rest of the world should behave like Chinese in civility. I am very glad that's not the case.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 1:07 pm

Just curious, are you an HK'er or mainlander?
Old Apr 1, 2013, 4:06 pm

This is like saying since China has raised, the rest of the world should behave like Chinese in civility. I am very glad that's not the case.
you are right

but a smart business will try to attract the people with the money and not those without!!
Old Apr 12, 2013, 4:23 am

Programs: BA- GGL, Hyatt-GLB, Marriott- AMB
On two recent 9 am morning flights, there were a line up of 6-8 people for sit down breakfast at the Wing. In the end, grabbed the food and found a seat outside. The lounge is superbusy in the early mornings. Can't remember it being that busy before the renovation.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 4:48 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mafai
On two recent 9 am morning flights, there were a line up of 6-8 people for sit down breakfast at the Wing. In the end, grabbed the food and found a seat outside. The lounge is superbusy in the early mornings. Can't remember it being that busy before the renovation.
That is indeed a bit strange especially given the increased capacity. Hopefully things will be better once they finish the renovation of the pier.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by correctioncx
That is indeed a bit strange especially given the increased capacity. Hopefully things will be better once they finish the renovation of the pier.
Strange? CX F lounge has been overcrowded for awhile now, it's only strange this isn't reported earlier. This will no doubt be common occurence and the norm and not the exception.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
I've been through the new Wing F section twice already and I must say I am impressed with CX's investments.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 11:25 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Strange? CX F lounge has been overcrowded for awhile now, it's only strange this isn't reported earlier. This will no doubt be common occurence and the norm and not the exception.
It is strange for the breakfast period. For the eveinng departures they are all departing quite close within a 1-2 hour gap. Where as the morning dept are well spaced out.
Generally in non festive periods I never had to wait for breakfast
Old Apr 13, 2013, 3:33 am
R&R

Programs: 1K-UA/AA, LT PLAT-MARRIOTT(1984), HILTON-GOLD, HYATT-GOLD
IN the past, When I was flying Northwest Airlines to Asia more often, I marveled at tha flights Departing from the East Coast Cities to sort of meet up with the West Coast departures , so they formed sort of group across the Pacific, especially night flights.

what do you call a number of planes flying fairly close together without a formation? A group? A flock?

Last edited by R&R; Apr 13, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.