Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowded lounges in hk?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2013, 2:17 am
Original Poster

Crowded lounges in hk?

Lately, several folks have complained about the lounges being overcrowded. Cpuld diamond or f passengers inviting a guest into the lounge be a large reason? How does cx prevent someone from bringing a guest into the lounge then leave and bring another or sevetal others! Does cx keep or track on the system? I think they tag the bp?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 2:43 am
Suspended

Programs: QFF SG, VA SL, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hqly2001
Lately, several folks have complained about the lounges being overcrowded. Cpuld diamond or f passengers inviting a guest into the lounge be a large reason? How does cx prevent someone from bringing a guest into the lounge then leave and bring another or sevetal others! Does cx keep or track on the system? I think they tag the bp?
they scan everyone's bps on entry
Old Jan 31, 2013, 4:06 am

It will become more crowded-when THE PIER renovation begins

on the plus side they are opening a fifth lounge in Hong Kong!! as weel-perhaps like the cabin was to the pier
Old Jan 31, 2013, 4:51 am

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
Originally Posted by Kachjc
It will become more crowded-when THE PIER renovation begins

on the plus side they are opening a fifth lounge in Hong Kong!! as weel-perhaps like the cabin was to the pier
They are opening a 5th lounge!? Is that confirmed? I wonder where that would be placed.... in the gate 40s pier or perhaps in the new satellite pier being built?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 4:54 am

http://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacif...g-kong-airport
Old Jan 31, 2013, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

if you're a premium class passenger you can enter as many lounges(in accordance to your flight class) as you wish correct?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
if you're a premium class passenger you can enter as many lounges(in accordance to your flight class) as you wish correct?
Yes.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by CX828
They are opening a 5th lounge!? Is that confirmed? I wonder where that would be placed.... in the gate 40s pier or perhaps in the new satellite pier being built?
Yes, it's been confirmed twice, each time by CX's General Manager, Product.

First was July 2011 by Alex McGowan, who revealed there would be a new CX lounge at HKG (http://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacif...g-kong-airport).

In October last year, McGowan's replacement Toby Smith revealed more details on the lounge (http://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacif...ge-in-february):

"Those plans are now well-advanced and we're now working with our design consultants to, I suppose, determine exactly what environment atmosphere we want to create in the new lounge" Smith says.
"Hong Kong Airport is getting pretty well utilized in terms of the available space (but) we think we've got a great space for the new lounge. It really also depends on where we can align it with our gates because the airport is quite large and the gates are quite widespread."
Disclaimer: Those two links are to stories on AusBT which I wrote, but I believe they're germane to the question asked by CX828 and thus not link pimpage.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 12:03 am

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
FYI last week I have been told by the CX staff that The Wing First Class lounge will reopen on 6th Feb...
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:04 pm

Great. I will be connecting on Feb 11
Old Feb 2, 2013, 1:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist,
correct.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 1:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist,
Originally Posted by HKGglobaltrotter
FYI last week I have been told by the CX staff that The Wing First Class lounge will reopen on 6th Feb...
Great news. I used the First Lounge at G61 today, but that is quite nice too.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 1:26 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer
Great. I will be connecting on Feb 11
Have fun with the CNY crowds
Old Feb 11, 2013, 9:10 pm

I was in the morning flight. Barely anyone there when I arrived. More people show up after 8am
Old Feb 12, 2013, 4:01 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer
I was in the morning flight. Barely anyone there when I arrived. More people show up after 8am
Indeed. It was nice and quiet in the morning before the 'rush hour'.

The new F lounge in the morning on the 11th

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.