Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Where to go? and where to sit in Business Class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2012, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

hi guys :-)

hope your all well!

Can you please help me! i am travelling to manilla in the philippines on the 20th december staying friday, saturday and sunday with a girl there then thinking of jetting off somwehere for 2/3 nights somewhere like Tokyo,hong kong, singapore etc! Two Questions!

1. Where would you go with a girl for 2/3 nights to enjoy the sights take in some culture and enjoy your time with a girl?

2. i have looked at Cathay Pacific Business class to tokyo/singapore etc and i think its very fairly priced! looks like its served mainly by a 744/773 from manila to tokyo etc where is best to sit as a couple in business? looking at the seat map especially on a 744 are the seats are far apart it would be nice to sit together!

Many Thanks for your help!

Paddy.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 6:46 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by Padmeister
2. i have looked at Cathay Pacific Business class to tokyo/singapore etc and i think its very fairly priced! looks like its served mainly by a 744/773 from manila to tokyo etc where is best to sit as a couple in business? looking at the seat map especially on a 744 are the seats are far apart it would be nice to sit together!
thanks for the questions. I suspect your #1 might get knocked here because it really has nothing to do with CX. For #2, I highly recommend spending 5-10 minutes searching (use the "search" function on the top right). There are heaps and heaps of debates about business class. Maybe search for "regional" (which are many of the A330 configs) and "long haul", things like that. And read our FAQ (very first thread on the forum), that will clear up a lot of questions esp about the 747 and its business class style.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by QRC3288
thanks for the questions. I suspect your #1 might get knocked here because it really has nothing to do with CX. For #2, I highly recommend spending 5-10 minutes searching (use the "search" function on the top right). There are heaps and heaps of debates about business class. Maybe search for "regional" (which are many of the A330 configs) and "long haul", things like that. And read our FAQ (very first thread on the forum), that will clear up a lot of questions esp about the 747 and its business class style.
ok thank you! sorry if i have asked something i shouldn't i didnt realise! i just thought seen as i will be flying with CX i could kill two birds with one stone where to sit as a couple is the most important really
Old Dec 2, 2012, 7:37 am

Programs: CX GO, TSA Pre✓ Afflictions: TSASS
I live in the Philippines so I can help with #1 a little bit. Have you looked up the weather forecasts for the northern stuff? Tokyo is definitely out. Filipinos love Korean culture so any other time of year I'd recommend Seoul. But Seoul is 2C degrees today. HKG isn't great right now, but you could do worse.

I would definitely recommend Singapore this time of year. Make sure and stay at the Marina Bay Sands hotel for at least one night, as they've all heard of that one hotel and it will make great pictures and stories for her friends and family.

You might consider flying to MNL on CX but catching a direct MNL-SIN flight on Cebu Pacific Air. On the down side, they only have economy seating. On the up side, the fare will save you a bundle of time and money. They have 5 direct flights per day. Cebu Pacific gets fairly good reviews too.

Regarding your second question.... if you get regional business class, pretty much any 2 seats next to each other are fine. If you get happen to get a longhaul configuration, sitting next to someone isn't really CX's strong point. No matter the config, longhaul business is kind of designed more for privacy than togetherness. With the newest longhaul business you can get two middle seats together, slide your seats forward and talk to each other that way.

Welcome to the CX party, have a great trip
Old Dec 2, 2012, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RevJim
I live in the Philippines so I can help with #1 a little bit. Have you looked up the weather forecasts for the northern stuff? Tokyo is definitely out. Filipinos love Korean culture so any other time of year I'd recommend Seoul. But Seoul is 2C degrees today. HKG isn't great right now, but you could do worse.

I would definitely recommend Singapore this time of year. Make sure and stay at the Marina Bay Sands hotel for at least one night, as they've all heard of that one hotel and it will make great pictures and stories for her friends and family.

You might consider flying to MNL on CX but catching a direct MNL-SIN flight on Cebu Pacific Air. On the down side, they only have economy seating. On the up side, the fare will save you a bundle of time and money. They have 5 direct flights per day. Cebu Pacific gets fairly good reviews too.

Regarding your second question.... if you get regional business class, pretty much any 2 seats next to each other are fine. If you get happen to get a longhaul configuration, sitting next to someone isn't really CX's strong point. No matter the config, longhaul business is kind of designed more for privacy than togetherness. With the newest longhaul business you can get two middle seats together, slide your seats forward and talk to each other that way.

Welcome to the CX party, have a great trip
Hi RevJim

Thank you so much for your informative information!

How will i know if its the new style businesss class it looks like i can pretty much choose which aircraft to fly on to singapore from manila.

it shows 744/773/77w is it the 77w one that has the new business class?

Thank you so much i am new to CX sorry for the questions i am a BA man at heart

I hope i dont get banned from here with that last comment
Old Dec 2, 2012, 8:21 am

Programs: CX GO, TSA Pre✓ Afflictions: TSASS
How will i know if its the new style businesss class it looks like i can pretty much choose which aircraft to fly on to singapore from manila.

it shows 744/773/77w is it the 77w one that has the new business class?
Hi Paddy,

I'm afraid that's not enough information. Check the FAQ part one (fleet intro) item 1.3 to learn to identify which business class you are in. Find that here.

Normally I would just go look it up and tell you but it's almost midnight and Mrs. RevJim is waiting. Sorry about that....

-RJ
Old Dec 2, 2012, 8:39 am
Suspended

hi guys :-)

hope your all well!

Can you please help me! i am travelling to manilla in the philippines on the 20th december staying friday, saturday and sunday with a girl there then thinking of jetting off somwehere for 2/3 nights somewhere like Tokyo,hong kong, singapore etc! Two Questions!

1. Where would you go with a girl for 2/3 nights to enjoy the sights take in some culture and enjoy your time with a girl?

Many Thanks for your help!

Paddy.
If u get a 74A or 74k just reserve two consecutive seats eg 81A and 82a

At least you will be closer to each other rather than across the aisle
Old Dec 2, 2012, 8:40 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Oh you can choose alright... but CX will just swap the equipment randomly at some point and make a nonsense of your choices.

(I have had 2 aircraft changes last month for my upcoming MNL flights.) So don't get too hung up on which craft you will be flying. Or which seats you choose. When our F seats changed to regional J because of a change of craft my SO and I ended up on opposite sides of the cabin!
Old Dec 2, 2012, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RevJim
Hi Paddy,

I'm afraid that's not enough information. Check the FAQ part one (fleet intro) item 1.3 to learn to identify which business class you are in. Find that here.

Normally I would just go look it up and tell you but it's almost midnight and Mrs. RevJim is waiting. Sorry about that....

-RJ
Dont get in trouble with HQ Jim

Thanks and take care

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.