Wiki Posts
Search

Using the Toilet in other classes

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2012, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Thai
Using the Toilet in other classes

I've read some complaints on another forum about people from Economy coming into CX's new Premium Economy Cabin to use the PE Toilet (on the 777). What does everyone think about this? Should the FA's be preventing this the same way they try to prevent Economy passengers from using the Business Class Toilets?
Would you complain? or just let is slide...

Last edited by Cameron38; Oct 24, 2012 at 7:15 pm
Old Oct 24, 2012, 2:20 pm

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
As long as you go in with an FA it doesnt matter what class because the FA has full use.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 4:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
do some people have too much time on their hands to post questions like this ? its a bloody toilet for gods sake, how can peeing in one toilet be any better than another ?
Old Oct 24, 2012, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Lines
Old Oct 24, 2012, 6:53 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by mayodave
do some people have too much time on their hands to post questions like this ? its a bloody toilet for gods sake, how can peeing in one toilet be any better than another ?
I got really annoyed on my last CX flight in F when the J passengers in the mini cabin kept coming up to use the F lavatories. FA didn't stop them either.

Yes it's a bloody toilet but the cleanliness of it is affected if more people use it but the FAs don't clean it more often. On my flight one of the J passengers didn't even bother to flush the toilet.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 7:04 pm

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
I often agree with mayodave, but in this case I think the OP has a point. It's not only the toilet itself. It's also a question of foot traffic through the cabin to get to the toilet. So whether CX is willing to block off that toilet on the 77H for PEY pax will go to what kind of an experience they hope to create with that product. Since the smaller, quieter, more exclusive cabin is part of the marketing pitch, this is a potential problem.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 7:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: QFF SG, VA SL, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
When I sat in PE on the 333 they strictly prevented PE pax going up to the J toilets.

Fairs fair they should be doing the same to keep the Y rabble out of PE
Old Oct 24, 2012, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Thai
Calm down Mayodave... it's just a question. You obviously have "Too much time on your hands" to be able to take the time to reply... And I wasn't saying the PE toilet is "Better" than the Economy ones. Only that you PAY to have the upgrade and the extra traffic in your class might not be appreciated.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 9:52 pm

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by mayodave
how can peeing in one toilet be any better than another ?
It's certainly more pleasant spending a few minutes in the F toilet compared to the Y one. Trust me, I've done both recently!
Old Oct 24, 2012, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by JALPak
I got really annoyed on my last CX flight in F when the J passengers in the mini cabin kept coming up to use the F lavatories. FA didn't stop them either.

Yes it's a bloody toilet but the cleanliness of it is affected if more people use it but the FAs don't clean it more often. On my flight one of the J passengers didn't even bother to flush the toilet.
Did they have good aim though?
(If there is turbulence I have a little bit of sympathy)
Old Oct 24, 2012, 9:57 pm

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Going a bit OT here, but I notice in flight no matter what stage of the flight we're at, there's always a bit of an arc rather than a straight line. The trick is to get the angles right
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by midlevels
Going a bit OT here, but I notice in flight no matter what stage of the flight we're at, there's always a bit of an arc rather than a straight line. The trick is to get the angles right
Keep in mind that gravity also affects things so I can't use -9.81^2 to make the parabola and that the gravity is dependent on altitude.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:23 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Keep in mind that gravity also affects things so I can't use -9.81^2 to make the parabola and that the gravity is dependent on altitude.
Keep also in mind that gravity depends on lattitude. Going above the pole is a different experience
Old Oct 25, 2012, 2:06 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
well good aim or not, not flushing the toilet after use is just disgusting I meant if the FA don't want to stop J pax from using the F lav, then at least clean up the lav after each use as if they were F pax (do they usually do that?)

Originally Posted by midlevels
Or just sit
Old Oct 25, 2012, 5:22 am

Programs: QF WP
When I find myself sitting towards the back of J, I would sometimes downgrade my toilet if there are no queues. Less to walk, and it's just a toilet after all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.