Search

CX888 YVR-JFK Lounge Access

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2012, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Way Too Many
CX888 YVR-JFK Lounge Access

Hi,

Will be flying this route in a few weeks and was wondering if there is any lounge open and/or accessible before the 22:50 flight?

Looking online the CX lounge opens at 22:45 and the BA lounge closes at 20:00.

I will be flying F and will arrive around 8pm at the airport - are there any lounge options available?

Thanks

J
Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Generally the CX lounge opens 3 hours before a flight. So if you are travelling at 2250, the lounge would be open at the same time as check in - which is 3 hours prior.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Way Too Many
Thanks,

Hope you are right as was worried that not many people take the leg from YVR to JFK and as such the lounge would be closed as specified on the CX website.

Will report back my experiences.

J
Old Jul 19, 2012, 6:58 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
My last experience with YVR-JFK (the 11th of this month, so not too long ago) was that there were quite a few people originating in YVR, and that the CX lounge was available to me when I got to it at 21:00.

However, the AA lounge was not available to me for my onward JFK-DCA connection. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.
Old May 14, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Just pulling up this old thread.

I am flying in June on CX 889 JFK-YVR in C-cl and holding no OW status. Will I have lounge access at JFK or will the AA exception apply, as CX uses the AA lounge at JFK/T8:

The following exceptions apply:

First and Business Class customers who do not hold Emerald or Sapphire tier status are not eligible to access American Airlines lounges when travelling on solely domestic flights within the U.S. or between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico [except Mexico City], the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean; customers travelling in First or Business class on U.S. transcontinental flights between JFK-LAX, JFK-SFO and MIA-LAX (and vice-versa) are eligible for lounge access.
Thank you for sharing your experiences.
Old May 14, 2017, 12:04 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Just pulling up this old thread.

I am flying in June on CX 889 JFK-YVR in C-cl and holding no OW status. Will I have lounge access at JFK or will the AA exception apply, as CX uses the AA lounge at JFK/T8:

Thank you for sharing your experiences.
CX will issue you with lounge invitation for AA lounge.
Old May 14, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Thank you for this information!
Old May 15, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
On CX889 tonight, is it still the temporary AA lounge that we will be issued the invite for?
Old May 15, 2017, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Basi1
On CX889 tonight, is it still the temporary AA lounge that we will be issued the invite for?
In J, probably. (Although I guess you could use the regular lounge in the satellite concourse.).

In F, I think you should get access to the new International First Class Lounge.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 9:10 am

Location: AA EXP & Life Plat; AA 4MM; TWA Life Plat; HH Diamond
YVR-JFK Lounge @ YVR

Quick question just for clarification:

I see CX opened a new lounge in YVR within the last year - is it still possible to access this lounge when traveling C/F YVR to JFK?

I know there are a bunch of weird situations for CA to USA flights due to customs and immigration pre-clearing. Often some lounges are not available in the to US piers - so curious how this flight works at YVR.

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Yes of course. No customs or pre-clearance in YVR for CX. You land at JFK like any other international flight.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 10:20 am

That flight is a bit of an anomaly at YVR. Yes, it is US bound, but it departs from the International terminal, so no pre-clearance, but yes to Intl lounge access. IIRC trans-border services only go until 8pm or so at YVR.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Preclearance means everyone, regardless of destinations, will have to get off and clear either U.S. or Canada immigration and customs at YVR.

This will significantly complicate operations.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 1:31 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by garykung
Preclearance means everyone, regardless of destinations, will have to get off and clear either U.S. or Canada immigration and customs at YVR.

This will significantly complicate operations.
From a passenger's point of view, being able to pre-clear US customs and immigration might make the stop in YVR more worthwhile, but I can definitely see the logistical nightmare for the airline.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Trust me, it's enough of a nuisance to have to deplane and be re-screened manually in the holding pen. You wouldn't want to have to clear passport control, pick up luggage, clear customs, then drop off bags, and then clear security again....all in the middle of the night after crossing the Pacific from HKG!
nolounge likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.