Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class lounge at HKG for dinner

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2012, 7:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Originally Posted by yamanote8
At The Haven right now. Lots of food and very quiet... maybe everyone's already finished? Will have to trek all the way back later since my flight departs from the gate right across from the Wing though. Definitely more food than the Wing J section so thanks for the tip, sxc.

No buggy voucher or anything, but the polite but not particularly friendly F check in agent let my one extra piece of baggage be checked without any extra fees so I'm happy about that.
Just pay HKD 60 if you feel needed..., for me money well spent.....
Old Jul 16, 2012, 8:09 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
At The Haven right now. Lots of food and very quiet... maybe everyone's already finished? Will have to trek all the way back later since my flight departs from the gate right across from the Wing though. Definitely more food than the Wing J section so thanks for the tip, sxc.

No buggy voucher or anything, but the polite but not particularly friendly F check in agent let my one extra piece of baggage be checked without any extra fees so I'm happy about that.
In case you are not aware of, you can ask for food not in the F buffet, e.g, food in the J lounge and sometimes more.

Unfortunately, I think that buggy vouchers are only given to DMs traveling to higher numbered gates.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 8:40 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
In case you are not aware of, you can ask for food not in the F buffet, e.g, food in the J lounge and sometimes more.

Unfortunately, I think that buggy vouchers are only given to DMs traveling to higher numbered gates.
I've never found any food in the J lounge that warrants a special order compared to the F offering - and yes I'm including the noodles.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, AC E35k
Originally Posted by ChrisLi
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Just pay HKD 60 if you feel needed..., for me money well spent.....
Nah, I don't mind the walking. I'd pay for the service if I had more carryon baggage with me but I only have one piece today.

I only wanted to try out the buggies for the novelty, not so much out of necessity

Originally Posted by cxfan1960

Yeah, the server told me that. I wasn't particularly interested in the noodles as I'd already tried them out last time.

The check in agent didn't say anything about the DM requirement, just that it was necessary for the flight to depart from Gate 40+ to be eligible. Either way I didn't get one haha

At The Wing now. The only difference from the J section is that it's a little bit quieter (less people) and there are waiters to get you drinks. Slightly disappointing but I wasn't expecting anything more.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:02 pm

Programs: No longer Diamond and missing the good old days of CX
Originally Posted by brunos
The F Pier is the only option. But do not expect anything grand decent. CX has no dedicated lounge for F pax, so the lounge is full of OW Emeralds. Catering is a small hot/cold buffet and the food does not change much. You can order some noodle soup and some simple other food. The wine list is very poor, well below what you get onboard. Food onboard is better too.
The F Pier lounge gets very crowded in the evening (as it is the only one), hard to get a seat, hard to get service or newspaper. They are just unable to cope with the number of pax.
EFA. Yes back in the days when I was DM I only go for breakfast. The only things I like were the bircher muesli and the freshly squeezed OJ, although the latter is long gone now.

Last edited by kchika; Jul 16, 2012 at 12:12 pm
Old Jul 16, 2012, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
I suspect I'm in the minority, but I prefer eating in the renovated J section of the Wing to dining in the F section of the Pier.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 8:47 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by Blumie
I suspect I'm in the minority, but I prefer eating in the renovated J section of the Wing to dining in the F section of the Pier.
Why?
Old Jul 16, 2012, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by jake66
Why?
I like the openness of the Wing much more than the relatively claustrophobic feel of the Pier. I also am perfectly happy helping myself rather than being served in the first class faux restaurant setting, and find the offerings in the J section more than adequate.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:42 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
+1. I really fail to see the obsession with the Pier (and the old Haven's) below-average buffet food and setting.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:29 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Yeah, the server told me that. I wasn't particularly interested in the noodles as I'd already tried them out last time.
4-5 years ago, we ordered tom kha gai (or perhaps tom yum gai - I forgot) in Wing F. It was very good. I never got that again. This is what I meant, not just the noodles in J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.