Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX Interline baggage Agreement

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Flying Cathay to Bangkok in business then I want to buy a separate ticket to Phuket . Either with Thai or Bangkok airways .

which would give me the best chance of checking my bags directly through?

Much appreciated
Old Feb 20, 2019, 3:11 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by simonsmith
Flying Cathay to Bangkok in business then I want to buy a separate ticket to Phuket . Either with Thai or Bangkok airways .

which would give me the best chance of checking my bags directly through?

Much appreciated
You need to collect your bags in Bangkok regardless as your first point of entry to Thailand. So it won’t make a difference.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:33 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Very many thanks. I will leave a good three hours between connections then
Old Feb 21, 2019, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by sxc

You need to collect your bags in Bangkok regardless as your first point of entry to Thailand. So it won’t make a difference.
I don't think that it is accurate.
On a single ticket you need to clear immigration in the transfer area and your bags are checked through to the final destination. No need to reclaim bags in BKK.
On two tickets, it all depends on CX. CX is generally quite flexible. But I don't know what is your best chance PG or TG. CX has a codeshare agreement with PG to USM, that might help
Old Feb 21, 2019, 6:37 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Hmmmm I was on a single TG ticket from HK to HKT via BKK and I had to collect my bags...
Old Feb 21, 2019, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by sxc
Hmmmm I was on a single TG ticket from HK to HKT via BKK and I had to collect my bags...
That's very weird. I have done it several times (even from other airlines) even on two tickets. The websites are also quite clear and never heard of other cases such as yours.
It used to be that you would only clear immigration at the final Thai destination point, but that was changed years ago and you now have to clear immigration at BKK, but still not collect bags.

PG has instituted a policy for flights on two separate tickets, but they don't seem to enforce it systematically. And that is only when you check in with PG as departing airline.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:21 am

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by brunos
That's very weird. I have done it several times (even from other airlines) even on two tickets. The websites are also quite clear and never heard of other cases such as yours.
It used to be that you would only clear immigration at the final Thai destination point, but that was changed years ago and you now have to clear immigration at BKK, but still not collect bags.

PG has instituted a policy for flights on two separate tickets, but they don't seem to enforce it systematically. And that is only when you check in with PG as departing airline.
It gives me the impression, PG is cheating on the mechanism in place. For missing luggage, the final carrier is responsible. So, PG will happily "accept" luggage which they pass or not pass on to the next carrier. But when PG is the final carrier, they refuse to accepted checked-through luggage, because if missing, they have to deal with the problem.

Be aware with PG, they do often cancel flights, with the consequence, you may miss your connecting LH.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.