Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Klout High Score Gets You Into Cathay Pacific’s SFO Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Klout High Score Gets You Into Cathay Pacific’s SFO Lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2012, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by percysmith
Instead of whinging here, why not make a more effective statement - move to SQ1/SQ2?
Also UA 862/869.

Originally Posted by QRC3288
Laughable. Maybe they can also let people in who achieve high scores in Brick Breaker and Draw Something. Or have a membership to Costco.
Executive Members only

Originally Posted by nightkhan
First a downgrade in size, loss of direct access for boarding, now non-CX pax can use the already full lounge. This is just getting worse and worse.
Do you know what is the worst? FT or MP is the largest frequent flyer community and CX/KA has no official representative here at all to listen to all these complaints.
Old May 11, 2012, 8:15 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Gary - UA - you're kidding, aren't u? UA as Cathay substitute?
Old May 11, 2012, 11:17 am

Programs: Who cares about your car rental elite status?
I would rather not fly, than fly UA.

As a small business owner, I am implementing a new business policy: Anyone who shows me a Klout score, will now be charged extra.
Old May 11, 2012, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by percysmith
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Gary - UA - you're kidding, aren't u? UA as Cathay substitute?
Depending on the situation, it may not be as bad as you think.

At the least:

1. Their lounge is larger than CX.
2. They will not let anyone with a Klout score going into the lounge.
Old May 24, 2012, 11:43 pm

there is an area in the lounge that is under renovation, so there are even less seats now.
Old May 25, 2012, 9:25 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by miki13331
there is an area in the lounge that is under renovation, so there are even less seats now.
Hilarious! a.) build a small new lounge space they think will be very hip and promote the cathay brand, b.) don't let us use the BA space anymore which at least had lounge-boarding, c.) the new space is too small to accommodate even one fully-loaded CX 747, d.) they allow everyone (doesn't have to be flying CX) who has a Klout score of 40, Brick Breaker high score, a valid government drivers' license or is wearing a pair of Nike sneakers in and then e.) they decide to close down part of that existing puny space. Recipe for a.) Disaster, b.) Angry business travellers, c.) Happy bloogers with high Klout scores, (score!), d.) People munching on something on the floor, e.) People sitting on each other's laps......? There is free booze you know..., f.) all of the above?

The only hope is that these blogger folks get excited about their entrance to such a prestigious lounge, and then face the contrast with everyone sitting on the floor and moping around, with a collective "I came to the airport early for THIS!?" attitude. Blog about that guys! Use your social media power to tell Cathay what a dismal idea this is!
Old May 26, 2012, 1:50 am

I somehow have the image of this ad in my mind now - regarding the CX lounge in SFO.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGgDwD_PXgM
Old May 26, 2012, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zhaobao
I somehow have the image of this ad in my mind now - regarding the CX lounge in SFO.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGgDwD_PXgM
Well - they sit on the floor because of power outlets. People in CX's lounge in SFO sit on the floor because of out of space.

If I had the choice, I would rather choose earlier one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.