Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club Miles Milestone

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2018, 10:34 am

Curious about one thing, CX experts, do award flights count towards total miles flown? We all know there is an internal record so they know our flight history with CX, but I am not sure if they count and award flights towards miles flown. In my case I put most flights(Rev/Award) on AA FFP so I can't tell.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 11:46 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
What do you mean by "total miles flown"? In the old days what CX showed on their MPC website was Lifetime Club Miles - i.e all the (revenue) flights credited to MPC (on any airline). Since the concept of Club Miles was abandoned it isn't clear what they track (except, perhaps, revenue). But in any case, pure award flights were not tracked as part of "Lifetime Club Miles"

Personally I regret chasing this figure back in my road warrior days. CX has no loyalty programme worthy of the name and I realised that too late. If I had put all my flights on AA I would have been very comfortably Lifetime Plat (OWS) for my retirement. As it is I have squat.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by PaulInTheSky
Curious about one thing, CX experts, do award flights count towards total miles flown? We all know there is an internal record so they know our flight history with CX, but I am not sure if they count and award flights towards miles flown. In my case I put most flights(Rev/Award) on AA FFP so I can't tell.
No, it doesn't. In the MPO account portal, the lifetime status miles and sectors flown is still there.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by christep
What do you mean by "total miles flown"? In the old days what CX showed on their MPC website was Lifetime Club Miles - i.e all the (revenue) flights credited to MPC (on any airline). Since the concept of Club Miles was abandoned it isn't clear what they track (except, perhaps, revenue). But in any case, pure award flights were not tracked as part of "Lifetime Club Miles"

Personally I regret chasing this figure back in my road warrior days. CX has no loyalty programme worthy of the name and I realised that too late. If I had put all my flights on AA I would have been very comfortably Lifetime Plat (OWS) for my retirement. As it is I have squat.
I mean BIS miles. ANA counts award flights into LT miles, but I admit it is probably the only one in all legacy FFPs that does that. I am pretty sure it won't make you feel happier, but a pro in MPC LT balance is that even if the revenue flight doesn't accrue 100% of more of the BIS miles, it counts all BIS revenue miles. In AA. If you have a flight that only gives 50% of the base miles flown, then AA people are out of luck. So in Q fare, MPC in JFK-HKG currently is giving 25% flight miles(roughly 2k), 100% LT miles, while AA gives a bagel.

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
No, it doesn't. In the MPO account portal, the lifetime status miles and sectors flown is still there.
Thank you both for clarification. :/
ernestnywang likes this.

Last edited by PaulInTheSky; Mar 19, 2018 at 3:43 pm
Old Mar 18, 2018, 5:18 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Originally Posted by christep
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26601122-post751.html
Old Apr 5, 2018, 8:12 am

I didn't know I could get a milestone upgrade several times for the same milestone!

Two days ago, I was on the return leg of PVG-HKG in Economy on KA, and got an upgrade to Business. The check in agent specifically said that this was for my 750,000 milestone. This morning, I took the last sector of this same ticket HKG-TPE in Economy on CX. From the line up during boarding, the flight seemed hardly full, and once again, I got an upgrade to Business (there was Premium Econ on this flight as well). I did not know why this upgrade occurred.

After arriving in Taipei, I went out to sign some documents, and then this evening, took a same-day return flight back to Hong Kong in Economy. This TPE-HKG was on a new ticket. At the gate, I heard the BEEP and got a new boarding pass which had handwritten in Chinese "750,000 milestone".

So, it seems I got this milestone upgrade twice, over two different days, and on two separate tickets. Hope this extends for my trip to Korea next week!
Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: CX, AA, AC
I just crossed 1.5M lifetime miles, and was upgraded from Y to J today. Unfortunately it was on a HKG-MNL flight, the shortest flight I normally take! But... the upgrade was also a downgrade. I checked in the day before the flight, and was given my Y class mobile boarding pass, but of course the boarding gate was not yet available. Early this morning, I updated the boarding pass to check the boarding gate, and was reassigned to seat 2D, which is in F! Despite the seat number, the boarding pass still indicated Business Class, likely because they don't actually sell F on MNL flights.

The gate still hadn't been assigned when I got that boarding pass, so as I was arriving at the airport, I updated the pass again... only to discover that my seat had been changed to 18A... demoted from F to J!

I decided to stop by the check-in desk and play dumb, to see what they said. The agent just congratulated me, and said I was upgraded because of passing a mileage threshold. I didn't bother to let on that I knew about the upgrade downgrade, but now I wonder what would have happened if I had.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 3:30 am

Programs: CX Gold
Originally Posted by chris1167
The gate still hadn't been assigned when I got that boarding pass, so as I was arriving at the airport, I updated the pass again... only to discover that my seat had been changed to 18A... demoted from F to J!
Maybe there was a last minute equipment change, the plane didn't have F anymore.

You guys are lucky! I am gold for over 10 years at 780k total miles but never get any milestone upgrade nor anniversary upgrade.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:06 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
I didn't know I could get a milestone upgrade several times for the same milestone!

Two days ago, I was on the return leg of PVG-HKG in Economy on KA, and got an upgrade to Business. The check in agent specifically said that this was for my 750,000 milestone. This morning, I took the last sector of this same ticket HKG-TPE in Economy on CX. From the line up during boarding, the flight seemed hardly full, and once again, I got an upgrade to Business (there was Premium Econ on this flight as well). I did not know why this upgrade occurred.

After arriving in Taipei, I went out to sign some documents, and then this evening, took a same-day return flight back to Hong Kong in Economy. This TPE-HKG was on a new ticket. At the gate, I heard the BEEP and got a new boarding pass which had handwritten in Chinese "750,000 milestone".

So, it seems I got this milestone upgrade twice, over two different days, and on two separate tickets. Hope this extends for my trip to Korea next week!
Just had my 750K upgrades, 3 out of 3 flights, all lowly Q class to J, first and last flights were taken about 30 hours apart and on 2 separate bookings. Especially the last flights, I was at the Wing and one of the gate lady actually came to me few minutes after I settled in my seat, mentioned about 750K upgrade and asked for my boarding pass.

I think as long as the miles of the first mileage stone flights hasn't been credited, we still at milestone.

By the way, does anyone know if O class will be credited to miles flown? I know Q class does credit actual full mileage for the total miles.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 4:07 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, AA Exec Plat, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Twenty Year Milestone

Reached 20 years with Marco Polo (probably been diamond for 18-19 out of the 20) and all I got was an email from them with some interesting statistics.... NO anniversary upgrade.

The least they could do is give an upgrade certificate for "covering the globe with them 96 times"!!??
QRC3288 likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:38 pm

Programs: Cathay Lifetime Diamond
40 years and about 370 flights - not even an email !
Old Mar 19, 2019, 11:03 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by oldchinahand
40 years and about 370 flights - not even an email !
On average 4 round trips per year? Not a huge achievement
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:07 am

Programs: CX Diamond / OWE
Originally Posted by sxc

Well, maybe @oldchinahand took four F Class flights per year...
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:21 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Originally Posted by sxc
Not bad over 40 years! @oldchinahand claims to be a DM Inv so obviously he had 7+ years of DM in there before 2000.

I once managed 200 flights in a calendar year (maybe 80 of which were on CX) but very few people can keep that sort of lifestyle up for decades.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 12:32 am

Programs: Cathay Lifetime Diamond
'On average 4 round trips per year? Not a huge achievement '

Perhaps it would interesting to know how many paid CX round trips SXC has done on Cathays now vast network (not including alliance partners) in the past 40 years.

Until the mid 1980s the CX network was small, North American flights did not start until 1983 and then only to Canada.
London did not start until 1982-3 and not to LHR, there were no other European flight until the late 1980s

The point that I am making is that it was not possible to fly exclusively or even mostly with Cathay prior to twenty years ago and of course there were no credits from airline alliances until after about 2000 or any free redemption flights for most of those early years.

Not a very pleasant or factual remark SXC !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.