Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Great job CX in BKK

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2011, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Great job CX in BKK

As we all know, equipment swaps on the BKK-HKG route happen pretty often.

My 777 with regional J just switched to a 747

Im on an F ticket but was expecting to fly business since this 777 does not have F

when i checked in i was informed of the swap and handed a boarding pass for the first class section (business service) with out even asking!

Great job CX
Old Aug 25, 2011, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by azmmza
My 777 with regional J just switched to a 747. ... the first class section (business service)....
Interesting. I fly CX between HKG/BKK regularly, but amazingly have never had an equipment swap. When it's a scheduled 74A, there is true F service. But when F service is not scheduled and the F cabin only exists because of an equipment swap, F cabin apparently gets business service. Makes sense, I suppose.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 3:12 pm

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
What status do you hold with CX/OW?
Old Aug 26, 2011, 6:12 pm

Programs: Solitarie PPS, Marco Polo Gold, Mileage Plus Premier
I guess you were just lucky & I'm on this BKK<=>HKG run on a weekly basis on Business & some Economy Class since Jun, I'll try to avoid 330 as much as possible & take the 773ER or 744 since I encountered at least 3 delay with the 330 out of BKK.

In terms of the BKK reservation services & ground handling agents, I'm not impressed at all, the Business Class (I) ticket that I purchased on-line, every time if I need to change to another flight, they will collect a THB3000 re-booking fee. Whereas if I bought the same Business Class (I) out of TPE or out of HKG, they won't charge for anything. Plus the long story about I couldn't get on for a number of flights even though they have I inventory open & my waiting list won't get clear even till the last minute, plus I'm willing to redeem my Asiamiles to upgrade it to F, but they just won't allow & saying since I didn't hold a confirm I seat, I simply can't travel. It's just probably this sector had so much Diamonds ahead of me that's how I went out of all the luck...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16827520-post80.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16806513-post77.html
Old Aug 26, 2011, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by midlevels
What status do you hold with CX/OW?

I was on a Z (first class award ) ticket
Old Aug 26, 2011, 8:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
midlevels mean to as what status you are (e.g. Ruby / Sapphire / Emerald / Green / Sliver / Gold / Diamond)
Old Aug 26, 2011, 8:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Originally Posted by SQ Flyer Talker
In terms of the BKK reservation services & ground handling agents, I'm not impressed at all, the Business Class (I) ticket that I purchased on-line, every time if I need to change to another flight, they will collect a THB3000 re-booking fee. Whereas if I bought the same Business Class (I) out of TPE or out of HKG, they won't charge for anything.
How much is your I class ticket ex-BKK vs ex-HKG and ex-TPE? HKG-BKK-HKG and BKK-HKG-BKK having different price and rules are totally understandable
Old Aug 26, 2011, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
I like the sound of that !! ^

I have an F award YVR-HKG-DPS in February,
so maybe this will work for me on that route.
Itin sjows it as 744 eq as of now....
Old Aug 27, 2011, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ChrisLi
midlevels mean to as what status you are (e.g. Ruby / Sapphire / Emerald / Green / Sliver / Gold / Diamond)
Ruby

but this was not done because of my status, this was done to accommodate my F ticket
Old Aug 28, 2011, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Silver, MU Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SQ Flyer Talker
I guess you were just lucky & I'm on this BKK<=>HKG run on a weekly basis on Business & some Economy Class since Jun, I'll try to avoid 330 as much as possible & take the 773ER or 744 since I encountered at least 3 delay with the 330 out of BKK.

In terms of the BKK reservation services & ground handling agents, I'm not impressed at all, the Business Class (I) ticket that I purchased on-line, every time if I need to change to another flight, they will collect a THB3000 re-booking fee. Whereas if I bought the same Business Class (I) out of TPE or out of HKG, they won't charge for anything. Plus the long story about I couldn't get on for a number of flights even though they have I inventory open & my waiting list won't get clear even till the last minute, plus I'm willing to redeem my Asiamiles to upgrade it to F, but they just won't allow & saying since I didn't hold a confirm I seat, I simply can't travel. It's just probably this sector had so much Diamonds ahead of me that's how I went out of all the luck...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16827520-post80.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16806513-post77.html
It should work, but you need to upgrade your I ticket on a 'confirmed' date to Z and rebook your Z booking to the date you want to travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.