Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone Ever Gotten Hot Chocolate?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2011, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Anyone Ever Gotten Hot Chocolate?

Has anyone in F/J ever gotten the Hot Chocolate? I am curious how its prepared since it seems like alot of the coffees/teas are fresh. My guess is just a swiss miss packet and some water haha but its interesting thats how its made here in America but alot of times in different countries its prepared differently with higher quality chocolate.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 9:00 pm

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Has anyone in F/J ever gotten the Hot Chocolate? I am curious how its prepared since it seems like alot of the coffees/teas are fresh. My guess is just a swiss miss packet and some water haha but its interesting thats how its made here in America but alot of times in different countries its prepared differently with higher quality chocolate.
I usually order hot chocolate when I travel J and yes, it tastes like chocolate powder with hot water. I've never been able to taste even a hint of milk in it. Having said that, it's definitely drinkable.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Well, at least you get hot chocolate even on CX J !

I was once on an AA First Class flight from NY to London and I asked the FA for hot chocolate and she lliterally laughed at me! So I said that I'll have a mint tea instead, she continued laughing. Ok... so how about Earl Grey? In the end, she said all she got is "Lipton".

PS - Americans make hot chocolate with Quikmix or Hersey's with hot milk! But really on a plane, you're only gonna get the powdered packet kind. For true true hot chocolate, you have to get it in LaDuree in Paris. Its literally melted dark chocolate bars with milk and cream ! YUM !
Old Jan 8, 2011, 6:03 pm

In CX F hot chocolate comes in a teapot (I've had lukewarm chocolate once, but it was a full cabin). Usually the first thing that comes out when poured is a slow-moving sludge of cream, then the choc comes gushing out!
Old Jan 8, 2011, 7:29 pm

Programs: CX Diamond
Originally Posted by midlevels
I usually order hot chocolate when I travel J and yes, it tastes like chocolate powder with hot water. I've never been able to taste even a hint of milk in it. Having said that, it's definitely drinkable.
The trick is to ask for it to be made with milk. I've asked in the past and the crew have been happy to oblige
Old Jan 8, 2011, 7:34 pm

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
For true true hot chocolate, you have to get it in LaDuree in Paris. Its literally melted dark chocolate bars with milk and cream ! YUM !

Seconded. It's like a meal in itself.

Never thought to get hot choco on a flight. Will have to give it a go next time in F.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 7:44 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by Jane's Addiction
Seconded. It's like a meal in itself.

Never thought to get hot choco on a flight. Will have to give it a go next time in F.
Never tried it on flights too, but are you serious about getting got hot choco on a flight in F? There are much better food and drinks.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cxfan1960
Never tried it on flights too, but are you serious about getting got hot choco on a flight in F? There are much better food and drinks.
I've seen people select more inferior/basic items off the menu quite often. It's not just hot chocolate. Bolied eggs are among the most basic and simplest meal one can prepare by themselves at home. Nonetheless on my flights in F, some fellow pax selected boiled eggs as the main course for breakfast, and at times they didn't even want the potatoes, bacon, sausage at all to go with it. I personally wouldn't opt for boiled eggs in F as a main dish but is a different story with other pax.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 12:25 am

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
Sure, why not. When i do fly in F I don't do it to drink / eat. I do that much better on the ground. I fly it for the comfort (privacy, quiet, lighting, seat, bed, etc) and there are definitely times where a good hit cocoa would hit the spot. My fave thing in F catering is the Chinese teas and tea biscuits and the noodles.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 6:47 am

Programs: LH HON; UA GS; AF Plat; AA PP
Originally Posted by Jane's Addiction
Sure, why not. When i do fly in F I don't do it to drink / eat. I do that much better on the ground. I fly it for the comfort (privacy, quiet, lighting, seat, bed, etc) and there are definitely times where a good hit cocoa would hit the spot. My fave thing in F catering is the Chinese teas and tea biscuits and the noodles.
I'm no tea expert, but IMO CX jasmine tea in F is great. Nothing better than waking up in the middle of the flight and have the nice crew prepare you s nice pot of tea with some cookies while everyone else is asleep
Old Jan 10, 2011, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CX DM, PPS LIFE, IC RA, SPG GD
i try to insert the pics of cx tea set with choco package used in flight... but the insert images won't pop up any pics...

Last edited by CCAYICC; Jan 10, 2011 at 8:08 pm
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:04 pm
Hvr

Programs: QF LTG:
Originally Posted by cxfan1960

When I fly CX (usually in J) I always ask for a hot chocolate and receive it with a smile.

It may not be to some people's taste but I am teetotal and don't drink coffee.

Will have to remember to ask for it to be made with milk.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 3:42 am

Off topic I know, but I recently flew Qantas SYD - HK and was amazed by their Cadbury Hot Chocolate with marshmellows in economy, which is offered to all passengers after meals, tea & coffee, etc. with a choice between herbal tea or hot chocolate!!

Back on topic, Ive had hot chocolate in J aboard CX twice and it the first time it was a bit strange as the beverage had seperated in the teapot in which it was served it. Basically I had a layer of cream followed by some brownish water then some thicker liquid...

The second time was much better and it was served in a mug / glass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.