Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX World reveals new lounge in LHR & interesting development in HKG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2010, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National

Please refer to page 2 & 10 in the latest CX World. http://downloads.cathaypacific.com/c...pdf/CXW171.pdf
Old Jun 15, 2010, 7:22 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I see the lhr reference but what is the interesting development? The flghts to HND?
Old Jun 15, 2010, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by sxc
I see the lhr reference but what is the interesting development? The flghts to HND?
On page 2 where Tony Tyler speaks. Not very obvious but maybe there will be a new lounge or lounge expansion in HKG?
Old Jun 15, 2010, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
On page 2 where Tony Tyler speaks. Not very obvious but maybe there will be a new lounge or lounge expansion in HKG?
During the HAECO stock sale Tony Tyler already said they are doing it so they can have more cash to do 3 things: 1) Buy more aircrafts, 2) Pay employees, and 3) HKIA Lounge remodeling.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 10:14 pm

Programs: AA PLT, CX Silver, SPG
That's good news to update the LHR lounge. Funny that I just told my wife in May, we will never go to CX lounge in LHR anymore.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 5:11 pm
Suspended

new lounge in ams very soon
Old Jun 16, 2010, 7:10 pm

Last time I was in PVG I really enjoyed their meatball-noodle with a live chef serving food out of a cart. I think all lounges in CX should have that (a live chef serving food out of a cart.)
Old Jun 17, 2010, 8:00 am

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by threemillionmilesflown
new lounge in ams very soon
"a" lounge in YYZ would be nice...
Old Jun 17, 2010, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
Last time I was in PVG I really enjoyed their meatball-noodle with a live chef serving food out of a cart. I think all lounges in CX should have that (a live chef serving food out of a cart.)
Well, all chefs are alive, I would hope! Just joking.
I do agree that a cooking station is good , but isnt there one in KA lounge?
Old Jun 18, 2010, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by IncyWincy
Well, all chefs are alive, I would hope! Just joking.
I do agree that a cooking station is good , but isnt there one in KA lounge?
Yes, that's the KA lounge in HKG though.

I think the noodle station in PVG is a relatively new thing they are trying out.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I hope they would use a renewal of the HKG lounges as an opportunity to rethink the entire premium ground experience at HKG. I have no idea how willing HKIA would be to work with CX, but a true premium security and immigration experience (and transfer experience) are definately needed. Premium pax should never have to wait in line and, as much as I enjoy flying CX and like HKIA, there is too much line waiting, even with the HKIA Frequent Visitor card.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 10:21 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by PresRDC
... there is too much line waiting, even with the HKIA Frequent Visitor card.
There is hardly any line for HK residents, regardless of when you are arriving or departing. I am a HK resident, so I am not certain about the Frequent Visitor card. It was my impression that you can use the HK resident channels.
Is that not the case?

Do you mean the security check? All passenger uses the same lines, but the lines move very quickly.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 3:08 pm

I hope they would use a renewal of the HKG lounges as an opportunity to rethink the entire premium ground experience at HKG. I have no idea how willing HKIA would be to work with CX, but a true premium security and immigration experience (and transfer experience) are definately needed. Premium pax should never have to wait in line and, as much as I enjoy flying CX and like HKIA, there is too much line waiting, even with the HKIA Frequent Visitor card.
All MPC DM, GO, and SL can apply for e-channel and go right through. I have been doing that every since they started. You don't even need to be "frequent visitors" but as long as you're MPC elite you can enjoy that benefit.

Although as a side comment I did notice there are less and less e-channels for people like me as they replace them with HKID entry points (the reader is different.) For example: there used to be 4 and 4 on one entry point that I use all the time, but now it's 2-6.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Immigration is not a problem - security lines, both at the main entrance and at transfer stations, can be very long. CX needs a way to prioritize premium passengers through these roadblocks. When security was after Passport Control, it was fine because the crowds were slowed there and the security lines were short (and with the frequent visitor card, one could pass through Passport Control with no wait).

Moving Security before Passport Control was a stupid move, making HKIA much less pleasant than it used to be.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 5:30 pm

Programs: CX Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Plat
Moving Security before Passport Control was a stupid move, making HKIA much less pleasant than it used to be.
Security takes longer than passport control. That's why it was moved in order to avoid a bottleneck between these areas. Another benefit is that passengers could hand items not allowed on board to friends / family or store them if necessary.

The security check at HKIA seldom takes more than 5 minutes. Perhaps a priority line does please premium passengers, but I doubt if it will really save them a significant amount of time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.