Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX from India and then to CMB (J Service?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2010, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP IC AMBASSADOR/DIAMOND Tk/ELITE (*G), JumeirahONE Gold

Hey Guys

First time flying Cathay on AA miles.

Flying from India to HKG via BKK

Will I have regional J or international J - what service should be better from BOM or DEL?

Also, then HKG to Colombo - what is the J service like? Again Regional J or internationa?

Thanks
Old Aug 16, 2010, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
All regional, unfortunately.

No full flat beds. Just cradle chairs. They can be uncomfortable for sleeping. But when you're tired enough, you may just nod off.

Typical J service. Tray. Starters, mains and dessert served seperately.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 10:39 pm

Programs: QF Platinum, Former CX Diamond, TG Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Amex Platinum
DELHKG is usually long haul J, both via BKK and the nonstop.
BOMHKG nonstop is usually long haul J however via BKK is regional J.
That being said, there's often aircraft changes on both routes.
HKGCMB via SIN or BKK is always regional J.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 12:26 am
Original Poster

Thanks

DEL - HGK for that particular day is showing 343 so I am assuming it is Long haul J.

For the regional J product to CMB, is the IFE AVOD? Are you allowed to get off the plain in BKK?
Old Aug 17, 2010, 3:47 am

Programs: QF Platinum, Former CX Diamond, TG Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Amex Platinum
All CX A343s feature long haul J and Y. The IFE on regional aircraft is not AVOD but loop. From memory, you must remain on the aircraft during transit in BKK and SIN.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 4:17 am

CMB

CMB is all regional flights and rarely any plane change on this route. The loading is very healthy in both passengers and cargo front. Business class is more filled up now.

BKK - you must stay on the plane
SIN - you must get off the plane

From CMB to BKK/SIN, please expect a quick supper service, rather than the usual full dinner service. As you expect, meals are on the "light" side for this late night flight.

Carfield
Old Aug 22, 2010, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Carfield
CMB is all regional flights and rarely any plane change on this route. The loading is very healthy in both passengers and cargo front. Business class is more filled up now.

SIN - you must get off the plane

From CMB to BKK/SIN, please expect a quick supper service, rather than the usual full dinner service. As you expect, meals are on the "light" side for this late night flight.

Carfield
Thanks guys for that
Old Aug 22, 2010, 4:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by Carfield

Not sure if this is a recent change, but when I flew CX703 last year we definitely had to get off in BKK. I think I'd actually prefer it this way, though, as we were able to use the BA F lounge for about 30 minutes before reboarding and the thought of spending upwards of 8 hours in a regional J seat is painful just thinking about. Possibly this has changed recently?

-FlyerBeek

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.