Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Fastest/Easiest way to earn 2000 asia miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2010, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA - Platinum; Starwood - Platinum; Alaska - MVP75; IHG - Platinum; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Gold

I don't intend to travel in Cathay, but I need 2000 asia miles to use for a one-way trip. I travel a lot within US and stay in Hilton and Hyatt brand hotels. Is there a possibility to earn through hotels like Hyatt/Hilton promo? How?

I too have United and AAdvantage miles. Is it possible to transfer miles from each of these to Asia miles?
Old Apr 23, 2010, 5:57 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
If you are short on miles for an award ticket, Asia Miles allows you to top-up up to 30% of the required mileage for around USD 0.03/mile.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 7:54 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
You can top up, as mentioned by the previous poster. Transfer is possible via points.com, but is very costly. Why don't simply redeem on AA?
Old Apr 23, 2010, 7:59 pm

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
http://www.asiamiles.com/am/en/earn/hotels

Both Hilton and Hyatt earn 500 miles / eligible stay
Old Apr 23, 2010, 8:59 pm

With Hyatt, You can earn 2500 miles with UA for every stay. Check whether there is a similar promotion wth Cathay too?
Old Apr 23, 2010, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by gpp79
With Hyatt, You can earn 2500 miles with UA for every stay. Check whether there is a similar promotion wth Cathay too?
Nope.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 12:16 am

Programs: AA PLT, CX Silver, SPG
Kay_Jay, Just in case you don't know about it. If your spouse (or close relatives/friends) happened to have aisamiles and willing to share with you, they can register you as a share user. In this way, it's really no cost & fastest.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 5:44 am

Programs: CX Gold
you can't really share miles, you can only transfer miles with a fee, or you can redeem award ticket for person in your redemption list.

from Asia Miles website
You may transfer your Asia Miles to any nominee in your redemption group who is also an Asia Miles member. The minimum block transfer is 10,000 miles at a service fee of USD180, and further blocks of 5,000 miles can be transferred at USD150 per block. Transferred miles are valid for another three years.
Just buy 2000 miles you need for $60
If you have 70% of the required Asia Miles to redeem the award, you can top up your account in blocks of 2,000 Asia Miles at USD60 a block.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 11:40 am

Programs: AA PLT, CX Silver, SPG
Originally Posted by kirintea
you can't really share miles, you can only transfer miles with a fee, or you can redeem award ticket for person in your redemption list.
Yes are right. What I really mean is someone has enough miles, and redeem the reward for you. Thanks for clearification.
Asiamiles website indicate that is a "share miles" transcation.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA - Platinum; Starwood - Platinum; Alaska - MVP75; IHG - Platinum; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Gold
Originally Posted by toyotaboy95
http://www.asiamiles.com/am/en/earn/hotels

Both Hilton and Hyatt earn 500 miles / eligible stay
Can someone post the link where I can register for this promo with Hyatt and earn 500 miles/stay? Thanks.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:44 am

Programs: BA Gold OWE
Originally Posted by kay_jay
Can someone post the link where I can register for this promo with Hyatt and earn 500 miles/stay? Thanks.
This is from my own experience only, but last year when I checked in with only my AM card, the miles never credited (PH Shanghai). However, this time around I signed up with their own program Hyatt Gold Passport, and printed off the card which I used at check in in conjunction with my AM card. The miles credited 3 weeks after stay (GH Macau). Here is the link (its free) :-

http://goldpassport.hyatt.com/gp/en/index.jsp
Old Apr 26, 2010, 11:22 am
Suspended

As a valued member of The Marco Polo Club, your views are important to us. We care about what you think and we aim to deliver a magazine that you value and want to read. That's why we would appreciate a few minutes of your time to share your opinions through our Marco Polo Club Magazine Reader Survey. Simply complete the survey on or before 10 May 2010 – and you will receive 1,000 Asia Miles as a token of our appreciation.

Thank you for your time, thoughts and insights. With your advice, we'll further improve our magazine to make it more relevant to you.

The survey will end at 9am HKT on 10 May 2010. Start now and we look forward to receiving your valuable feedback.

Yours sincerely,

Katie Rowen
Manager The Marco Polo Club

Terms and Conditions
• The survey will end on 10 May 2010 at 9am HKT.
• Only members of The Marco Polo Club are eligible to complete the survey.
• Only one entry per member will be allowed.
• Only fully-completed entries will be eligible for the Bonus Asia Miles.
• The 1,000 Asia Miles is a one-time bonus and will be credited to member's account six weeks after the closing date for entry submission.
• Other Asia Miles terms and conditions apply.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA Explat, UA 1K
Originally Posted by cathaylonghaulff
As a valued member of The Marco Polo Club, your views are important to us. We care about what you think and we aim to deliver a magazine that you value and want to read. That's why we would appreciate a few minutes of your time to share your opinions through our Marco Polo Club Magazine Reader Survey. Simply complete the survey on or before 10 May 2010 – and you will receive 1,000 Asia Miles as a token of our appreciation.

Thank you for your time, thoughts and insights. With your advice, we'll further improve our magazine to make it more relevant to you.

The survey will end at 9am HKT on 10 May 2010. Start now and we look forward to receiving your valuable feedback.

Yours sincerely,

Katie Rowen
Manager The Marco Polo Club

Terms and Conditions
• The survey will end on 10 May 2010 at 9am HKT.
• Only members of The Marco Polo Club are eligible to complete the survey.
• Only one entry per member will be allowed.
• Only fully-completed entries will be eligible for the Bonus Asia Miles.
• The 1,000 Asia Miles is a one-time bonus and will be credited to member's account six weeks after the closing date for entry submission.
• Other Asia Miles terms and conditions apply.

Where's the survey link?
Old Apr 27, 2010, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by kay_jay
There is no link. You can provide it when booking with Hyatt on Hyatt.com (there's a specially designated box) / through CSR @ Hyatt hotlines and/or show the card at check-in at the hotel. Priceline stays are ineligible.

Originally Posted by toplayer
This is from my own experience only, but last year when I checked in with only my AM card, the miles never credited (PH Shanghai). However, this time around I signed up with their own program Hyatt Gold Passport, and printed off the card which I used at check in in conjunction with my AM card. The miles credited 3 weeks after stay (GH Macau). Here is the link (its free) :-

http://goldpassport.hyatt.com/gp/en/index.jsp
Probably ineligible stay? But sometimes, the system doesn't work properly, in that case, contact the hotel directly for retrocredit (AM says they can't retrocredit hotel stays).

BTW, it's impossible to use Gold Passport and Asia Miles to earn at the same time per T&Cs of the GP programme.

cathaylonghaulff, off topic.

Last edited by toyotaboy95; Apr 27, 2010 at 4:46 am
Old Apr 27, 2010, 4:44 am

double post

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.