FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   Bookable upgrade and AM upgrade eligible classes extended to include L and V (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1955877-bookable-upgrade-am-upgrade-eligible-classes-extended-include-l-v.html)

eric0429 Feb 13, 2019 1:44 am

this is make sense, because only gold and diamond members get bookable upgrade as their mid tier benefit. Silver and green only get lounge pass for their mid tier benefit.

Microtat Feb 13, 2019 3:18 am

in addition, using AM to upgrade L and V is only for go and dm or all? If so this move really makes go and dm special..

sscywong Feb 13, 2019 11:27 am

My newsletter also only reads "Bookable Upgrade"... Didn't mention anything about AM upgrade...

Possibly OP made a typo

Arbeysix Feb 13, 2019 2:50 pm

My newsletter also has the reference in parenthesis to alternatively using AM to upgrade from those Y fare classes. By coincidence (and unusually for me) my next flight is in V however as of this morning's launch date for the new regime the CX website is not showing this as eligible for upgrade. But not sure how much can be read into that given the website can lag behind changes in policy...:rolleyes:

Microtat Feb 13, 2019 4:48 pm

From the same link - the contents in the bookable upgrade has been changed back to what it was previously, no mentioning of L/V, 15 limit iso the 3 days cut off etc...

jagmeets Feb 13, 2019 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by Microtat (Post 30775451)
From the same link - the contents in the bookable upgrade has been changed back to what it was previously, no mentioning of L/V, 15 limit iso the 3 days cut off etc...

weird- possibly mistaken, but the link didn’t mention asiamiles upgrade, just when I got the email on Tuesday, but later it had (&still has): “(Alternatively, if not using a Bookable Upgrade, you can use your Asia Miles to redeem an Upgrade Award for these newly eligible fare classes L and V as well.)”

AC340-541 Feb 14, 2019 9:18 pm

https://www.asiamiles.com/en/terms-a...de-awards.html
  1. Upgrade and Airport Upgrade Awards are valid in eligible fare classes:
    • J, C, D, I (Business Class) for upgrades to First Class
    • W, R (Premium Economy Class) for upgrades to Business Class
    • Y, B, H, K, M, L, V (Economy Class) for upgrades to Premium Economy Class (for flights with Premium Economy Class)
    • Y, B, H, K, M, L, V (Economy Class) for upgrades to Business Class (for flights without Premium Economy Class only)

benyiu Feb 14, 2019 10:22 pm

Oh i thought it was always there..
i just used miles upgrade in a outpost airport a couple of days ago...mine was L class

ernestnywang Feb 15, 2019 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by AC340-541 (Post 30780584)
https://www.asiamiles.com/en/terms-a...de-awards.html
  1. Upgrade and Airport Upgrade Awards are valid in eligible fare classes:
    • J, C, D, I (Business Class) for upgrades to First Class
    • W, R (Premium Economy Class) for upgrades to Business Class
    • Y, B, H, K, M, L, V (Economy Class) for upgrades to Premium Economy Class (for flights with Premium Economy Class)
    • Y, B, H, K, M, L, V (Economy Class) for upgrades to Business Class (for flights without Premium Economy Class only)

Wow so this is open to all like the Asia Miles upgrade award about a decade ago.

fairhsa Mar 21, 2019 3:41 am

How can I find a flight that does NOT have Premium Economy? (So that I can book a V to Biz upgrade)? Anything in Europe would do, although ideally UK. I have tried expert flyer but I cannot figure out the right search (unclear if E, R 0 means full or not there....!)

ernestnywang Mar 21, 2019 4:42 am

Originally Posted by fairhsa (Post 30912182)
How can I find a flight that does NOT have Premium Economy? (So that I can book a V to Biz upgrade)? Anything in Europe would do, although ideally UK. I have tried expert flyer but I cannot figure out the right search (unclear if E, R 0 means full or not there....!)

I think all CX long-haul flights have premium economy.

wandering_fred Mar 21, 2019 7:42 pm

Flights considered as regional(HKG-CMB//India) will typically not have PEY.

Happy wandering
Fred

kingbat Mar 21, 2019 7:58 pm

Now they just need to make E class eligible for upgrades..... it would still be worth it if they made the points required the same as an Econ to biz upgrade.....

londonexpert Mar 21, 2019 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by ernestnywang (Post 30783512)
Wow so this is open to all like the Asia Miles upgrade award about a decade ago.

Back then there was no PEY! The V Class upgrade into U was one of the best thing in the programme!!

kingbat Mar 21, 2019 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by londonexpert (Post 30915581)
Back then there was no PEY! The V Class upgrade into U was one of the best thing in the programme!!

So it would be great to get E --> U upgrades back......