FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   [Meal times and] Transpacific service on CX on J (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1525121-meal-times-transpacific-service-cx-j.html)

Aloha1 Mar 17, 2014 6:19 am

Kudos to QRC and thanks for posting the WIKI. I'm incredulous that people are attacking him for it. He has a source, the source wishes to remain anonymous, and others have verified much of he posted. If there are issues to be had here, clearly they are with CX, not QRC.

Aloha1 Mar 17, 2014 6:21 am

Originally Posted by 110pgl (Post 22517997)
As promised, here is my update on HKG-ORD... 3/13/2014...

This flight has the mid-flight meal service. The menu even specifically says dinner will be served mid-flight. So about 6.5 hours in, they rolled out dinner.

Seems while other flights have changed to normal service, this one is going to stick with mid-flight dinner.

That is a shame.

So, what was the order of service? What was served shortly after take off? Anything?

CanucksHKG Mar 17, 2014 6:30 am

Originally Posted by Aloha1 (Post 22537557)
Kudos to QRC and thanks for posting the WIKI. I'm incredulous that people are attacking him for it. He has a source, the source wishes to remain anonymous, and others have verified much of he posted. If there are issues to be had here, clearly they are with CX, not QRC.

+1
Just excuse the newbies to the forum ;)

correctioncx Mar 17, 2014 7:04 am

Originally Posted by 110pgl (Post 22536007)
With all due respect, I do not believe they have discretion to move the second meal service from the end of the flight to the middle of the flight or vice-versa. The people above have given a plethora of reasons of why that cannot be true.

If you are saying they can move it 30 minutes or so either way, sure, I guess I could buy that.

I hope you can understand, FT is full of "experts" with "inside information" that cannot verify their information. In most cases, they get discredited pretty quickly.

They do have discretion and I have experienced that myself!

Global321 Mar 17, 2014 8:27 am

Originally Posted by correctioncx (Post 22537676)
They do have discretion and I have experienced that myself!

How do you know? Route? Date? What was the meal service?

"They do have discretion" does not cut it.

There are some clear patterns here with actual dates/flights. It is actually starting to show the meal service is following a pattern, based on exact flight.

Global321 Mar 17, 2014 8:31 am

Originally Posted by Aloha1 (Post 22537558)
So, what was the order of service? What was served shortly after take off? Anything?

Lunch "Served shortly after take-off". I think we were eating within 1 hour of takeoff.

Dinner "Served midway through flight". It was very very close to the exact midpoint.

(As I mentioned above, this was stated in the menu as the serving times.)

QRC3288 Mar 17, 2014 9:35 am

Originally Posted by 110pgl (Post 22538054)

Deleted duplicate.

QRC3288 Mar 17, 2014 9:41 am

Come on mate let it rest. Besides flying on cx and being on the road more than at home, we're posting on here in a friendly manner and to provide info to others. I assure you this info is accurate. I suspect that most of the time, menu times are followed. But not always. Thats just the way it is. This is not some competition where we have to provide something or our (multiple) ways of verifying this info to "cut" your standards. Just trying to help others and it's a little annoying when youre questioning our integrity esp on something I know to be fact....not an opinion, theory, suspicion, etc.

Global321 Mar 17, 2014 10:48 am

Originally Posted by QRC3288 (Post 22538473)
... I assure you this info is accurate...

...it's a little annoying when youre questioning our integrity esp on something I know to be fact....not an opinion, theory, suspicion, etc.

If my posts have not been friendly or helpful, I apologize.

But, we don't know who you are. We don't know that what you are saying is fact. (Someone else could say the same thing... "Trust me, I know for a fact they have discretion to serve when they want, within 15 minutes.") FT serves us best when we can verify or corroborate what has been said.

We do have some facts. And they contradict what you say.

So unless you can provide us some actual facts, please stop expecting us to just take your word.

Cheers!

nsolitude Mar 17, 2014 4:52 pm

CX807 Mid-flight service, March 15. Argh. It really wasn't very good.

QRC3288 Mar 17, 2014 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by 110pgl (Post 22538847)
FT serves us best when we can verify or corroborate what has been said.

We do have some facts. And they contradict what you say.

Cheers!

Sounds clever, but not true. Someone on this board spoke to the veracity of EWR starting before it was announced. I could confirm MLE was starting before it was announced. And I just started a thread that says AVOD will have its start/stop time changed on April 1. Very easy to verify a track record. Just go back and search. And for the other thread I started, see what happens on April 1. So in just a few weeks you can find out if I'm really just pulling things out of thin air.

Part of the value of FT is a gray market of valuabls information that you might not have access to, which isn't harmful to be released, but still is not information you can find publicly. My work and life happen to bring me into contact where I occasionally discover these things. however, if I go citing sources like an English paper suffice to say that access to information goes away. And hence so does the quantiy of information I can post here.

As to what is fact or not. frankly, anything could be made up on here. Including even the anecdotes you mention about your own flight. Its just an anonymous message board! I could be so ludicrous to paste the spirt of your skeptical response to to my comments and say since I dont have proof you flew I can't know for sure. My point is, the only way any posts on here have credibility is if you believe the integrity of the poster. So go ahead and see if I've peddled nonsense in the past. But it doesn't feel right for you to claim some type of factual superiority simply because a) I'm not eager to explain how I got this infomation , or b) you have a few anecdotes where the ISM didn't change the meal time (!!!you don't say). and BTW, this relatively trivial issue is EASILY verified by talking to as many ISMs or FAs as you an find on your next flights. Ask them "do you ever change the rest groups and meal times during long hail North Ameria flights". Then you can come back here and change your mind. Of course, i have done this (multiple) times now with my own sources but you are disinclined to believe me.

That's my piece and I'll leave it there.

Global321 Mar 17, 2014 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by QRC3288 (Post 22541378)
... I could confirm MLE was starting before it was announced...

Just for fun, I checked. You did not confirm MLE. B-HXG did. You offered a few maybes and a guess or two.

As for AVOD, as far as I know, you are the first who talked to the FA's and had them tell you in two weeks the policy will change. Good for you. But, I think you proved my point. You clearly stated where you got the information (FA's during a flight). It also aligns with industry trends, so it believable. And it does not fly in the face of other factual information.

We will see if you have any inside information in no time at all... if meals are served at random times during the same flight routes and/or against what is said in the menu, you of course were right and may have inside information - and we will be happy to have a CX insider expert among us. If it stays consistent, you will have proven yourself as another FT "expert".

Now let's get back to reporting meal times on CX flights.

correctioncx Mar 17, 2014 6:45 pm

There are some clear patterns here with actual dates/flights. It is actually starting to show the meal service is following a pattern, based on exact flight.

It was based on personal experience. ... do we need to proof to you?

Global321 Mar 17, 2014 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by correctioncx (Post 22541655)
It was based on personal experience. ... do we need to proof to you?

I am not sure what "it" was or is.

Lets get back to reporting on meal time.

correctioncx Mar 18, 2014 9:10 am

Originally Posted by 110pgl (Post 22541874)
I am not sure what "it" was or is.

Lets get back to reporting on meal time.

I experienced first hand where the ism has the discretion on the meal times on a long haul and mid haul flight.