Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New late checkout policy restrictions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2018, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
New late checkout policy restrictions

Dear FTers,
I have just noticed the change of wording in the CC rewards benefits page. The up to "18 o'clock" wording is gone. now it says: "Early Check-In and Late Checkout: is available only when the Elite member is the registered guest. Early check-in and late checkout means two hours prior to or later than the hotel’s published check-in and checkout time. Hotels may require a credit card number on file for the reservation."
Brendan likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
It has been written like this for as long as I remember. If it is a change, it's not very recent.

Anyway, I find Carlson Rezidor hotels to be among the best when it comes to early check-in and late check-out and they usually go beyond those two hours they promise. So far, I always got whatever I asked for (including 16:00 at hotels where regular check-out is at noon and check-ins before 10:00).
Old Feb 20, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by dimon84
Dear FTers,
I have just noticed the change of wording in the CC rewards benefits page. The up to "18 o'clock" wording is gone. now it says: "Early Check-In and Late Checkout: is available only when the Elite member is the registered guest. Early check-in and late checkout means two hours prior to or later than the hotel’s published check-in and checkout time. Hotels may require a credit card number on file for the reservation."
Highly variable, depends on occupancy. It is common to be offered 2pm Late Check out, and I have checked in as early as 10am.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
2pm for late check out has been there for years.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 2:38 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
It's actually not 2pm, it's two hours past regular check-in time. So in some properties it would be 1pm. But then again, my experience is that most hotels are willing to go way beyond that (even without status).
Old Feb 27, 2018, 1:23 pm

I hold Gold status by virtue of the CC and was at the Radisson Blu in Madrid for four nights last week. On Saturday morning I asked for and received a 4:00 PM checkout on Sunday. In fact the FD associate inquired as to whether I would like it to be even later.
Brendan likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 6:04 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by the810
It's actually not 2pm, it's two hours past regular check-in time. So in some properties it would be 1pm. But then again, my experience is that most hotels are willing to go way beyond that (even without status).
yeah, my bad - all CC hotels I've been to have had noon check out time. 2 hours also for early check in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.