Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Q3 Promo: Free Friday Night or 10k Goldpoints after 2 stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q3 Promo: Free Friday Night or 10k Goldpoints after 2 stays

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2017, 6:14 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by rava.stuff
Hey, I tried to read it in the T&C but I was not totally sure. I received my e-certificate. Since I won't need the stay, can I book the room for my family, even if I'm not the one staying?

The T&C ​​​​state : Friday E-Certs must be reserved by the earning member, may only be used once, and may not be assigned, transferred, brokered, bartered, sold, posted online or altered in any way.

This means​​, I need to reserve the room and cannot transfer the certificate, but it doesn't say that I have to be the guest, right? I can book it for someone else. Correct?
Thanks
The way some have done this is to book themselves as the primary guest and add the other guest as the additional guest in the relevant field and in the additional/special comments field about who will be arriving first for check-in.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The way some have done this is to book themselves as the primary guest and add the other guest as the additional guest in the relevant field and in the additional/special comments field about who will be arriving first for check-in.
Great suggestion! I'll try that. Thank you!
Old Aug 19, 2017, 10:03 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
For those who already received the free Friday night, does the E-cert availability mirror standard award availability or is it more/less restrictive?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 1:06 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
For those who already received the free Friday night, does the E-cert availability mirror standard award availability or is it more/less restrictive?
It seems to allow booking at any night as long as there is a standard room available in the hotel. I've had no problem finding availability on busy nights.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 4:22 am

Programs: Aegean Gold
I tried looking for rooms at the Radisson Blu in Kigali (Rwanda) and couldn't find a single Friday available. The Park Inn in Kigali was available, though. Arguably, not as interesting so I guess not all hotels are covered?
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:31 pm

Can you use 2 certificates for the same Friday night in the same hotel ie book 2 rooms for the same night?
Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Posting dates

I know that ecerts earned in August should post by 9/15 and am curious if anyone has had anything post earlier, as in today (asking hopefully)
Old Sep 12, 2017, 11:55 pm

Wink

Originally Posted by cruisr
I know that ecerts earned in August should post by 9/15 and am curious if anyone has had anything post earlier, as in today (asking hopefully)
The cert was recently added to my account (earned in August) and I just used it to save $425.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: LH FF, BA Blue these days, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP
+1 on the thank you - this is why I love FT!

Have two certificates and looking for a room in London in December, totally frustrated until I turned to trusty FT for the answer

Originally Posted by nickdel
It's actually even more pathetic than that... in order to "unlock" the promotion rates associated with your E-Cert, you also need to enter promotional code "freefri" in addition to your certificate number. You can then book for nights within the promotional period using your voucher.

I've been told that this works for all Radissons worldwide with the exception of the Edwardian group of hotels in London, who are currently experiencing a problem with their E-Cert reservations (probably because they are the most expensive and they don't want you to use them there! )

Apparently this is explained within the email confirming the E-Cert but I've not received this yet.

Hope that helps
Old Sep 15, 2017, 3:31 am

The cert was recently added to my account (earned in August) and I just used it to save $425.
Really? My husband and I both earned them in August and nothing has posted yet. I know it's really early in Club Carlson's timezone, but I'm hoping they show up later today.

Have other people's posted from August?
Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by Lyssa
Really? My husband and I both earned them in August and nothing has posted yet. I know it's really early in Club Carlson's timezone, but I'm hoping they show up later today.

Okay, I wonder if they post with any lag time? In August I should have completed earning two certs and my husband one. So far I have received one and my husband didn't receive any. Maybe they just come in slowly?
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:28 am

Okay, I wonder if they post with any lag time? In August I should have completed earning two certs and my husband one. So far I have received one and my husband didn't receive any. Maybe they just come in slowly?
My cert was in my account a few days ago, at the time I posted above. I just got an e-mail this morning that it posted. I would think they'd all come in at the same time. I had one stay in mid-July and another in mid-August.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 1:16 am

I just only have 1 ecert after 4 stays and my husband has 0 ecerts after 2 stays, all completed by the end of August.

Has anyone stayed at the same hotel twice? I wonder if that is the problem? My husband registered and then had two stays at the same hotel, over a week apart. I also registered and completed four stays, but again two of them were at the same hotel, also a week apart. Maybe the computer is looking for different hotels and doesn't recognize stays at the same hotel, even if the dates are at different times (not consecutive)?

They were all paid stays, not points and cash or anything. I can't think of any reason they shouldn't count. I don't think the terms said you couldn't stay the same hotel more than once?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 12:53 am

I just only have 1 ecert after 4 stays and my husband has 0 ecerts after 2 stays, all completed by the end of August.

Has anyone stayed at the same hotel twice? I wonder if that is the problem? My husband registered and then had two stays at the same hotel, over a week apart. I also registered and completed four stays, but again two of them were at the same hotel, also a week apart. Maybe the computer is looking for different hotels and doesn't recognize stays at the same hotel, even if the dates are at different times (not consecutive)?

They were all paid stays, not points and cash or anything. I can't think of any reason they shouldn't count. I don't think the terms said you couldn't stay the same hotel more than once?
Well, it turns out my husband and I both had stays that the points didn't post to our account. I didn't realize it because they were still showing in the previous stay sections of of our accounts, but the points hadn't posted. Mine was from July! Usually I'm on top of it, so I don't know how I missed it.

Anyway, so both of the stays got the points posted, but now we have to wait until Oct 15th for the ecerts, even though all of the stays were completed by the end of August. A bit frustrating, since the certs have a limited time to be used and I want to start booking them.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 4:34 am
Raf

Programs: M@M FT, Flying Blue, BA Exec. Club, CSA Plus
There is not same availability - despite the fact that nights for points are available on Rasdisson Blue Plaza Sydney - it's not possible to book it with Friday e-cert

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.