Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

2nd free night Club Carlson visa (ends June 1, 2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 4, 2015, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Brendan
This thread is about a benefit that ended on June 1, 2015 at 11PM CDT (Chicago time.)

Any "last night free" bookings made by that date should be honoured. Discussion of changes to the Club Carlson Visa card benefits are in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/carlson-club-carlson/1669289-bonus-award-night-going-away-june-1st-2015-a.html
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2013, 9:02 am
Original Poster

If I book 6 nights using points at radiison room using my club carlson credit card and get the second night free and then my husband books the next 5 nights at same hotel using points with his club carlson card and gets the 2nd night free and then I book the next 2 nights at same hotel using points - will I get that last night free even though I already got a 2nd night free from the first 6 nights reservation
Old Aug 16, 2013, 9:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by vrzz123
If I book 6 nights using points at radiison room using my club carlson credit card and get the second night free and then my husband books the next 5 nights at same hotel using points with his club carlson card and gets the 2nd night free and then I book the next 2 nights at same hotel using points - will I get that last night free even though I already got a 2nd night free from the first 6 nights reservation
Welcome to FT vrzz123!

Assuming you both have the Club Carlson CC with this benefit, you both get the benefit when you make separate reservations with each of your accounts. So, it sounds like you are doing (or, you should be doing) something like this:

Night 1: Wife 2-night pts. booking with CC CC
Night 2: Free Night from Wife 2-night pts. booking with CC CC
Night 3: Husband 2-night pts. booking with CC CC
Night 4: Free Night from Husband 2-night pts. booking with CC CC
Night 5: Wife 2-night pts. booking with CC CC
Night 6: Free Night from Wife 2-night pts. booking with CC CC

...and so on if your reservation is more than 6 nights (so you use the minimum number of points when booking)

Does that make sense?
Old Aug 16, 2013, 10:07 am
Original Poster

2nd free night Club Carlson visa

Thanks has anybody tried doing what the poster is suggesting - if I book 10 nites with points book every 2 nights under my club carlson visa and every 2 nights with my hubby's visa and get 5 free nights in total if I alternate the point reservations between me and my hubby
Old Aug 16, 2013, 10:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Thanks has anybody tried doing what the poster is suggesting - if I book 10 nites with points book every 2 nights under my club carlson visa and every 2 nights with my hubby's visa and get 5 free nights in total if I alternate the point reservations between me and my hubby
From FT guidelines...
If you notice a poster, newcomer or not, asking a question that has been answered previously or is answered in the forum FAQs, please be patient. If you wish to reply, do so in a helpful manner...
"Your question arises from time-to-time in this forum. One thread which discusses it is here (New Club Carlson Credit Card (now available)) and using FlyerTalk's advanced search feature to search this forum with the terms "free night" will yield other threads. If you are finding difficulty using the search feature, please send a private message or email to a forum moderator for help."

For Example:

Originally Posted by jake66
I know of one person who tried alternating between two accounts (two nights with one account, then two nights with the other). It worked fine.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 11:07 am

"Only one Bonus Award Night will be available for a stay of two or more consecutive nights at the same hotel (early checkout with one night stay not eligible), regardless of the total length of stay, the total number of reservations or the number of check-in/check-outs"

Sounds like the best you could do is a total of four nights, two under your name and two under your husband's name.

You run the risk of them enforcing the T&Cs if you try more.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Do you mean the best I can do is get one free night under my account and one free fort husband
Old Aug 16, 2013, 11:58 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DrSifu
"Only one Bonus Award Night will be available for a stay of two or more consecutive nights at the same hotel (early checkout with one night stay not eligible), regardless of the total length of stay, the total number of reservations or the number of check-in/check-outs"

Sounds like the best you could do is a total of four nights, two under your name and two under your husband's name.

Will OP be reserving for consecutive nights? Look at her reservations (with random dates plugged in):

October 2,3 (2 nights) -- get October 3 free
October 6,7 (2 nights) -- get October 7 free

Can you say these are consecutive nights of a single stay?
Old Aug 16, 2013, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by Neil35

Will OP be reserving for consecutive nights? Look at her reservations (with random dates plugged in):

October 2,3 (2 nights) -- get October 3 free
October 6,7 (2 nights) -- get October 7 free

Can you say these are consecutive nights of a single stay?
Do you mean the best I can do is get one free night under my account and one free fort husband
Not really (I disagree with DrSifu's reading of the language he quoted) - these are not consecutive nights...as Neil35 points out...continuing my example above, you'll see that the stays for EACH INDIVIDUAL MEMBER have nights that are *not* consecutive

WIFE'S BOOKINGS
Night 1: Wife 2-night pts. booking with CC CC
Night 2: Free Night from Wife 2-night pts. booking with CC CC
--2 day gap-- [making Wife's Bookings NOT consecutive nights]
Night 5: Wife 2-night pts. booking with CC CC
Night 6: Free Night from Wife 2-night pts. booking with CC CC

HUSBAND'S BOOKINGS
Night 3: Husband 2-night pts. booking with CC CC
Night 4: Free Night from Husband 2-night pts. booking with CC CC
--2 day gap-- [making Husband's Bookings NOT consecutive nights]
Night 7: Husband 2-night pts. booking with CC CC
Night 8: Free Night from Husband 2-night pts. booking with CC CC

Assuming Husband is Wife's additional guest and Wife is Husband's additional guest, they will get 4 of 8 consecutive nights (cumulatively) for "free" -- note that there is the slight possibility the hotel would make them check-in and check-out (with possible room changes) between each booking.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 7:59 am

Programs: MR Plat Premier, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Southwest CP
Has anyone tried booking more than a 4 night stay using the method above? I have only done a four night trip with my wife and I each holding 2-night reservations and then having the hotel merge once we checked in. Worked great as we both hold the CC Visa card and only paid the two nights (using points too) for the four night stay.

If this above strategy worked...you essentially could stay at a hotel property in perpetuity for just half the cost, alternating back and forth every two nights.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 1:10 pm

Programs: Free Agent
I agree with DrSifu interpetation:

Basically, two nights per account per hotel. Simple solution is to pick a second hotel and repeat. More complex, and what I do, is a biz account for me and a second biz account for wife. Total four accounts equal 8 nights max per hotel.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 2:13 pm

Club Carlson's website will give me the 2nd night free on both of two separate reservations at the same hotel for non-consecutive nights. DrSifu's and Jim055's interpretation imply that the website shouldn't allow me to do this -- their interpretation seems to be that the 2nd night free benefit applies only once per hotel per cardmember.

With respect to the language quoted above, IMO, the "at the same" hotel language means one can't hotel-hop each night and get the 2nd night free; the "regardless of the total length of stay" language means one gets only 1 free night for a 2-night stay, a 3-night stay, or any longer stay; and the "total number of reservations" language means one can't get the benefit of a free night on 2 separate back-to-back reservations at the same hotel.

This is not a new discussion - from the main thread to which I linked above:

Originally Posted by tsmith12
Originally Posted by kinglobjaw
How about getting the free nights consecutively with Mom and I separately having two Premier cards (not authorized user)?

My account- Monday/ Tuesday (free)
Mom's account- Wednesday/Thursday (free)
My account- Friday/Saturday (free)

And so on...

Between the two of us it is consecutive, but this would be using separate accounts!

Would this scenario work in having every other night free of charge?
Yes, this will work. ^
And, there's more discussion about the language near the end of this thread, and in the end of this thread (Question about last night free)
Old Aug 17, 2013, 8:11 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Rules for the Club Carlson Visa Program & Benefits ("Card Benefit Program")
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
2. Bonus Award Night: When you redeem Gold Points for Award Nights of two or more consecutive nights at the same participating Carlson Rezidor hotel property, you will receive the last of the Award Nights of that stay free without deduction of any Gold Points from your Club Carlson account (“Bonus Award Night”).... Only one Bonus Award Night will be available for a stay of two or more consecutive nights at the same hotel (early checkout with one night stay not eligible), regardless of the total length of stay, the total number of reservations or the number of check-in/check-outs, is subject to availability and all other terms and conditions and cancellation policies regarding Award Nights apply. Does not apply to additional reservations booked as contiguous stays at the same hotel. Only one room per reservation, per hotel for an Award Stay will be eligible to receive the Bonus Award Night offer....
The rules are very clear.

1. You will receive the last of the Award Nights of that stay free.
2. One Bonus Award Night will be available for a stay of two or more consecutive nights at the same hotel.

It is clear to me that for each award stay you get the last night free. If you book 2 non-contiguous stays, you get one free night out of each stay.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 9:44 pm

Programs: Free Agent
In this game, the lawyers can all go home. The CC reservation computer is the ultimate judge, jury and executioner. If it actually books you into multiple free nights at the same hotel... then you're good to go.

Last edited by Jim055; Aug 18, 2013 at 1:02 pm Reason: added clarity
Old Aug 18, 2013, 2:13 pm

I made consecutive reservations using two accounts, and every other night was free (total stay was four nights). No problem booking online, and no problem connecting the reservations so there was no need to check out.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 4:36 pm

It seems clear that the intent is that individual hotels not be burdened by having to give more than one free bonus night per hotel per member.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.