Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Plaza Schiphol

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2015, 5:19 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Tenerife
I had booked this at the pre-devaluation rate of 15,000 pts for an upcoming stay next week. When I spotted the hotel on LMTclub for a rate of $86 plus tax (including breakfast buffet), I canceled the pts. booking. I added my Carlson Gold number to the comments at LMT, and the cash booking showed up immediately under my ClubCarlson reservations. I'll be curious to see if I get pts. and gold credit for the OTA reservation. LMT has all 3 AMS Radisson hotels in their offerings on a regular basis. (Unfortunately, you can't use LMT for the BRG as it is considered a "club" and not publicly listed rates!)
Thanks. Will keep an eye open
Old Oct 26, 2015, 12:55 pm

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
I read there's is an executive lounge. Is there a chance that a Concierge gets upgraded from 2for1 to Executive room?
Old Oct 29, 2015, 3:50 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dabee69
I read there's is an executive lounge. Is there a chance that a Concierge gets upgraded from 2for1 to Executive room?
In my 20 plus stays here in the last year I have always been upgraded to a executive room at this hotel. However I have never asked for or even been in the executive club, but have seen it. I normally arrive very late and leave early morning. Do note that there is a big difference between the 2 single bed Executive rooms and the queen ones. Queen ones more like a small jr suite, whereas the separate bed one is more like a big room. x01 I think are all the lagre awkward room ones.

I do like this hotel for its cheapness and its a comfortable place to stay. The staff is ok but not very fast or professional. In all of my 20+ stays in the last year I have been asked if it was my first time staying. And always been wished a nice holiday, whilst I only stay here for work.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: FB Plat4Life, A3 *G, IHG Plat Amb, HH Gold, BW Gold, RR Gold.
Originally Posted by dabee69

True there is one left from the elevators ground floor. Even though nicely decorated, only things I find there usually are coffee and water. And that's all. But it is spacious and comfortable seating.
I'm always upgraded to Executive and automatically granted access to the lounge (it's on the room key).
I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be upgraded but then again I agree with most here saying the staff has little knowledge of the Club Carlson program. Countless times I've been asked to pay for breakfast at checkout .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.